xi. nightly terrors

The rain was pouring down heavily with thunderstorms. She had still not returned home from her secret haven. She was yet to take me there. She was not a one to dance in the rain. She hated it like heaven hated hell. My mind kept thinking of her safety on its own accord. She gets triggered by thunder bolts and rain. Oh God, I shouldn't have let her go.

I should have followed her. Fuck!

'The number you're trying to reach is switched off. Please leave a voice message after the beep. Hello, Veronica speaking.'

It's going straight to voicemail. I don't want her to disappear again and be tortured again. I can't ever track her as her phone is switched off.

"Granny, do you know her hideout place?" I yelled from downstairs.

"Coming." she said descending down the stairs.

She had a frown line etched on her forehead.

I hugged her gently and coaxed her to be calm and be a little more patient.

"W- what if she's triggered by the thunders?"

"I can go on a roundabout the city and search for her. I'll take on the cars." I suggest.

"No, I can't lose you too." She starts sobbing quietly.

"You're not gonna lose me." I comfort her and go to the counter to bring the keys to the range rover. It was the safest option in this downpour.

I kissed Granny's cheek softly and advance towards the door. There was a faint knocking on the door followed by other. I looked through the peephole to find Veronica in her worst state. She drenched from head to toe. She was shivering from the chilly winds of the night. There were tears staining her rosy cheeks.

Just as I open the door there is a soft thud on the wooden porch. Veronica was no longer standing rather lying on her side unconscious with blood trickling down her forehead from the sash caused by the fall. Blood pooled around her head like a halo. I removed her wet coat and picked her up only to settle her on the sofa. I ran upstairs to fetch the first aid kit. Granny had tears rolling down her face, consistently. Granny went to her room to bring some comfy and dry clothes. I hiked up the heating system's temperature.

She was shaking uncontrollably and her face was somewhat blue and her fingers were pruney. She was literally freezing. I brought a towel dipped in lukewarm water and wiped the blood and specks of dirt from her body and left a bowl of lukewarm water beside her for granny to wipe her body completely.

~*~*~*~*~

"Son, look." Granny yelled out to me.

"What happened?" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

There she laid naked with only a pyjama.

I was left speechless as to what was she trying to show me.

Veronica had the softest skin. Her skin was milky and her chestnut hair cascaded the pillow in waves. Her lips were puckered and swollen asking to be pampered dearly. Her breasts were firm and rounded, with her areola pink and her nipples were hardened from the cold. I wanted to feel how she tasted.

I felt a hard jab to my forehead. I turned my flushed away from her body. I looked anywhere but at Veronica. I suddenly found the ceiling very interesting. At another jab, I looked at Granny to see the excitement as well as worry dancing in her eyes,

"Sorry I got carried away. Well, what did you want me to look at?" I replied sheepishly.

"Sure you did. Look at the bruises on her arms!"

"Who did this?"

"That's what I'm asking you!" she was in hysterics now.

"I swear I don't know. I arrived last night to find her sleeping on the tiles around the pool. I just picked her up and tucked her to her bed." I replied hastily.

"Find who did this." She ordered me.

"Oh, I was going to anyways."

I am going to fucking look to it   that no one messes with my loved ones.

~*~*~*~*~

691 words

©2018 Merwin Waters (@MERWINWATERS )
All Rights Reserved.