ii. snack

The history period was dismissed as the teacher's blood pressure shot up and had to go to the school infirmary. I felt bad for him. I had next period free so I went to the school library which I located through my map.

Wow! Just wow. It was so large and neat. There were hardly any students and some teachers who were grading the test sheets. I walked to the Sci-fic section. This place reminded me so much of the Hogwarts school library. All places full of books. I now knew where to come while having a bad day. I was surely gonna love this place. I found one of my favourites Morning Star. I can just read it even for a thousandth time and not get bored. Not that I was actually gonna read it. I always skipped it to my favorite parts.

~*~*~*~*~

I checked my clock I had ten minutes left before my third period started. It seemed like I had sat for only 10 minutes while really I sat for 1 hour and 9 minutes. Time never waits. I keep back the book and start walking towards my locker. I should've just searched for it in the morning but what can I say I'm so lazy.

Aha found ya my friend. 132. I exchanged the books required and walked towards my Maths classroom.

The maths class fine but I liked my old teacher more. He taught in an interesting manner. We had lunch break. I wanted to go to the field and spend my break there but I didn't want the others to get the message that I was scared.

~*~*~*~*~

The school cafeteria was big, more than enough. It buzzed with all the gossips. I went to the last corner and fixed myself there. I opened up my iPad and browsed through my books. I played Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey. I opened my lunch take out from my favorite diners. Hmmm...Chicken Nuggets and Fingers with mayo-cheese sauce. Who doesn't like them.

My headphone was ripped off my ears and when I looked up it was the same boy from morning.

"Hey!" I shouted. "can't you just leave me alone.?"

"Hey Veronica, do ya remember me?"

"Of course how can I forget you, Dear dear Caleb!" I faked a purr which was hilarious.

The whole cafeteria had silenced and all were staring at the scene before them.

"Why is she sitting here?" Tyler growled.

Someone's lost their mind.

"Let me remind you Mr. what's-your-face, your name isn't written here!" I raised my voice emphasizing 'your name'.

I turn towards Caleb and ask him in a voice loud enough for the boys to hear, "What attachment does he have with seats and desks?"

"Had you not been a girl..." he trailed off.

"Calm your tits bro." he made fun of him. Turning towards me "Princess, will you do us the honor of sitting with us for lunch?"

"Sure. If it infuriates the nincompoop sitting in front of us." I replied the last part underneath my breath. But the way Tyler was looking at me and the three boys who coughed to hide their laugh said otherwise.

I never knew I was humorous. I should just give stand up comedy a go.

"Princess, why did you transfer here?"

"To live with my grandma."

"Are you the daughter of the famous Daniel Waters?"

"Nooo! Obviously not. Haha. How is that even possible?" I staggered. I didn't even sound convincing to myself but he let that slip.

Tyler kind of cleared his throat to which I glared back at him with that same intensity. I then changed my demeanor and begged him with my eyes.

"Can you lend me your chicken nuggets, please princess?"Caleb broke our stance.

"Nope." I popped up the 'p'.

He whined which was annoying.

"Okay. Okay." I picked one nugget was just passing it to him when I saw him picked up the whole plastic and was munching on it.

I was surely going to give him the silent treatment.

When I looked down to my chicken fingers even it was gone.

"Justinnnnn....." I yelled.

"I'm going to kill you. You people are the worst." I got up of my seat and was just going to buy something in the canteen when Tyler mimicked a girl in a high not " Thanks bros I love ya people. The mental left our table."

"Don't get too high because when you'll fall it'll be painful. And no I'm not leaving you, you're stuck with me for life. I'm just going to buy something in the canteen." I snickered.

~*~*~*~*~

"Buy me also something."a breath fanned my neck.

I shrieked.

I turned around and thrashed Caleb out.

"Ow. Ow. I'm sorry. Sorry."

I wasn't finished. I even lightly stomped on his sneakers with my heels.

"Ow."

I was grinning from cheek to cheek.

"Lastly, a genuine 'ow'." I sighed with a giggle and pecked him on his cheek.

I whispered a sorry audible only to him.

"She stole my first kiss." I looked puzzled at his announcement.

"I'm not buying you any food." I made him known my plan.

"I'll make it up to you."

"How?"

"By pranking Tyler!" He made my day.

Hugging him tightly I pecked him on his cheeks two more time.

He giggled like a little girl.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N : Hello guys. I know I'm not that great of a writer but if you could just read it and give me your valuable feedbacks I could improve. Yeah this was my longest chapters. I was so happy I backed the 76th rank in Chick Lit at my first time. Thank you all.
*jumping on my bed with ecstasy!*

P.S. you can send me reading requests for your books. I would also like if you would help me get a good cover.

986 words

©2018 Merwin Waters (@MERWINWATERS )
All Rights Reserved.