Chapter 6

I was sitting on the couch, and the TV was on, I wasn't paying any attention to it, though. I was thinking about a certain date I had with a certain FBI agent, I was also thinking about his amazing smile and his ocean blue eyes that I could get lost in.

Wait, what?

I slapped myself mentally. Why the hell was I thinking about that? I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts, then I heard someone clearing his throat. It was Eric looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, raising my eyebrow too.

"You know, sometimes I worry about your mental health, Em," Eric said as he made himself comfortable on the couch next to me.

I slapped him on the shoulder and he moaned in pain. "Ouch," He groaned while rubbing his shoulder.

"You deserved it," I said with a grin.

He threw me a look before asking, "So, what was going on your mind?"

"Nothing." I mumbled, I really didn't feel like talking about my 'lovely date' with him at the moment.

"As you like. But I do believe that your thoughts weren't free of a certain FBI agent who you had a date with." He said with a slight smirk.

Man... Why did he know me that well?!

I throw him a look before deciding to change the subject completely, "What happened with the painting?"

He smiled and put both of his legs on the table before starting to speak, "Actually, I was just about to open that matter up."

"So?" I said, pushing him to speak.

"It's sold." He smirked.

"Really? With how much?" I asked.

"Six million," He said with a proud smile. "Check your account, you will find that there are three extra millions that have been added to it."

My smile grew as I checked that what he said was true. "You know, I should actually have more. I did all the hard work." I smirked.

"You wouldn't have been able to do anything without my brilliant technical work," He said with the same smirk.

I chuckled as I stood up and put my leather jacket on then I took my Porsche keys off the table.

"Where are you going?" Eric asked me.

"I'm going to meet up with Alice, I haven't seen her in forever," I said while checking myself in the mirror.

"O-okay, tell her I said hi," My brother said and I swear that I saw him blush a little.

I rolled my eyes at his reaction before leaving the apartment.

Alice was my best friend, we knew each other since we were toddlers. She was the only one who knew everything about my amazing life of crime, and she never judged, she loved me as me no matter what, and I loved her so much too, telling her about my biggest secret proved it.

Eric had a crush on her since forever, but he hasn't had the courage to tell her or even ask her out. The funny thing was that she felt the same way about him. And I, being the best sister and friend was in the middle of the operation that might bring them together.

I was meeting her at the mall. She insisted that we go shopping knowing exactly how much I hated shopping. But I agreed anyway to save me the unnecessary troubles because I knew exactly how stubborn my best friend was.

The drive to the mall wasn't long and I enjoyed it by listening to my favorite music. I arrived at the mall and started making my way towards the place I was certain that I would find my best friend in, Starbucks of course.

My smile grew when my gaze fell on a certain brunette, her hazel eyes lit up once she saw me and she gave me a bone crushing hug once I made it to the table.

"God, I missed you so much, Em," Alice said happily when we broke our hug.

"I missed you too Al, it's been a while," I said, giving her a soft smile.

She smiled before sitting back in her seat and gesturing to me with her hands to the seat in front of her. "So?" She asked me in an excited tone.

"What?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Come on, Em. You always have some exciting stories and news to tell me," She said, frowning her eyes at me

"Well, in fact, I do have some exciting news," I smirked before continuing. "But you go first, how was Paris?"

Alice was a fashion designer and consultant and she was in Paris for the fashion week. "It was amazing, and the fashion show I was hosting went very well," She said, proudly.

"I'm very happy for you, Al," I told her with a smile.

"Thanks, Em." She smiled. "Now, back to you."

"To begin with, I had a date with an FBI agent," I said calmly as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Alice looked at me with wide eyes and she tried to open her mouth several times to speak, but I guess she couldn't put her shock into words. I chuckled at her reaction.

"Sherry Birkin, how the hell did that even happen?" Alice finally asked in disbelief.

"It's a long story," I sighed.

"Well, I do have plenty of time," She said, impatiently.

I took a long, deep breath before telling her everything starting from the museum's heist to the date I had with Piers.

Alice blinked for several times still not believing what I had just told her. "You are out of your mind, aren't you?" Alice finally said with a huff.

"You know what, that's exactly what Eric told me," I said, trying to give my little operation a chance.

Alice blushed a little when Eric's name was mentioned and that made me grin.

"What?" She asked in annoyance.

"Nothing, you were saying?" I said with a smile still playing on my lips.

"Sherry, are you sure your plan is going to work?" Alice asked in concern.

"To be honest, I'm not sure, Alice. But, this was the best thing I could come up with," I said, the smile not longer on my face.

"Just be careful, Em," She said with a warm look.

I nodded without saying anything.

"Oh, you wouldn't look good in orange by the way," She said, sarcastically.

"Oh, I know, it's not my color," I said, laughing bitterly.

"Do you even have any idea about how you are going to end this thing if your plan even worked?" Alice asked again with a lot of concern in her hazel eyes.

"Don't worry, Al. I always find a way to get out of trouble," I said with a serious tone.

She just nodded while letting out a deep breath.

We talked for a couple of hours, Alice didn't stop nagging about how idiotic I was, nearly the whole time and I couldn't completely disagree with her. Then, I told her about my plans to quit the life of crime and she was so happy to hear about it. She also told me about her trip to Paris and complained about her annoying boss. Of course, I made sure to mention Eric's name once in a while and she blushed whenever I did and changed the subject.

We went shopping after that, she picked some outfits and dresses for me and forced me to try them on, then she forced me to buy them. After that, we said goodbye to each other with a bone crushing hug.

On the way home, my mind kept remembering what I had told Alice today. Did I really know what I was doing and how to get out of it? Or did I get myself into something I could never get out of?

God, why did my last heist had to be this hard? All I wanted to do was starting fresh and having a normal life, but I think life has got another plan for me.

Who knows what was going to happen next...