Chapter Four: Life for a Life

As the Doctors tended to Dean, Sam and I slowly backed into the hallway. Our hearts beating steadily, as we thank the lord that Dean was still alive and fighting to be here. My head railed down the hallway, thinking to myself. He must be in limbo, a state between life and death. I couldn't risk using my magic on him, but I could help the process of getting him back. I would need to talk to Yellow-eyes again. I brought my head back around to meet Sam's gaze, I gave him a sad smile, knowing that Dean couldn't keep up this for long. Sooner or later death will take him.

"What do we do Sam?" I asked, looking deep into his gaze. His expression was unsure on what to do at this moment in time.

"I-I don't know," his voice was quite and soft. I couldn't comprehend what he was going through right now. He's going to loose a brother if we don't figure this out soon. As I was in my own world, I didn't notice Sam leaving, wondering off down the hallway like a man on a mission. A nagging feeling was at the back of my mind, of John telling Sam what I was. A Witch, and that didn't sit well with me, but I had faith that John wouldn't tell. But I couldn't take a chance right now, I followed Sam just in case...

...................................

I stood behind Sam, as he began to talk with his Father about what he had felt/heard in Dean's room. "What do you mean, you 'felt something?'" John's voice states, as he looks to Sam.

"I mean, it felt like--," he shrugs his shoulders, really can't explaining what it felt like, but he knew it was his brother. "Like Dean. Like he was there, just out of eyeshot or something. I don't know if it's my psychic thing or what. But you think it's even possible? You think his spirit could be around?"

"Anything's possible," John states, while looking back up to Sam. He got a quick glance at me for a second before back to his son.

"Well, there's one way to find out," Sam states, before turning around and heading for the door. It kind of worried me, what lengths he would go to save Dean.

"Where you going?" I asked, my voice laced with concern, as he pauses at the door way, facing both John and I.

"I gotta pick something up. I'll be back," he states.

"Wait, Sam," Sam stops in his tracks to look at his Dad. "I promise, I won't hunt this demon. Not until we know Dean's ok," Sam gives him a small nod, before leaving the doorway and out of sight.

I stood awkwardly in the room, before my gaze fell upon John, knowing what he will be doing. "We know that's a lie..." I state strongly, before heading to the door.

"Wait, Gabby," John's voice pierced my ears, making me stop in my tracks and turn to look at him in the hospital bed. "I've never seen my boys look at someone how they look at you. They respect you...If you don't tell them who you truly are and let them keep believing that your a hunter, the more hurt they will be when they find out," his voice was soft and gentle, but he didn't know jack about me.

I moved back into the room, my eyes burning into his skull, stopping inches from the side of the hospital bed. "You know what John, you don't know a single thing about me. About my life, or how hard I've fought to stand here today... Your boys are the most amazing thing that has happened to me and now that there's one laying in a hospital bed on death's door, I'm doing everything in my power to sort this out..." Tears began to fill my eyes, as I tried to hold them back.

"But your not using every bit of power you have!" John shouts, as I stare at him. He was right, I wasn't using all of my power to do anything. I blink, letting a tears fall from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks freely.

"Your right, I'm not. But it doesn't mean I'm not finding other ways to help Dean..." I said, but before he could speak again, I walked to the door, knowing that he had said what he wanted. I wondered down the hospital hallways, thinking on what to do now. I don't have any spell books, I don't know any spells to help, I don't have ingredients. I have nothing to offer. My mind couldn't think, too much was going on...