Chapter Twenty-Five: Behind

As Dean and Sam went to the main lobby to talk about the situation, I was still lent against the wall, my eyes shut as I focused onto their conversation.

"It's shed its skin again. We don't know when - it could be in the halls, it could be in the vault with Gabby," Dean's voice was clear as day in my ears. 

"Great. You know, Dean, you are wanted by the police," Sam's came into play. "Why did you leave her in the vault?" Sam asked, his voice soft.

There was a moment silence between the boys. I could smell the tension from here. "Yeah. So, it's safer for her to stay in there, away from all of this. She shouldn't be dragged into our mess," Dean's voice sounded serious and caring. 

"So even if we do find this damn thing -- how the hell are we gonna get out of here?" Sam asked, probably agreeing with Dean about myself.

"Well, one problem at a time... All right, I'm gonna do a sweep of the whole place, see if we can find any stragglers. Once we get everyone together we've got to play a little game of find-the-freak, so ... here," I hear Dean hand Sam something. "Found another one of these for you. Now stay here, make sure Ronald doesn't hurt anybody, okay? Help him manage the situation," I assume that Dean found sliver and he gave one to Sam, maybe a letter opener. 

"Help him manage? Are you insane?" Sam's voice was raised in outrage.

A moment of silence filled the air and my ear drums. "Look, I know this isn't going the way we wanted," Dean's voice was more quite than normal.

"Understatement!" Sam shouts at him as he was furious with the situation.   

"But if we invite the cops in right now, Ronald gets arrested, we get arrested, the shifter gets away, probably never find it again, okay?" Dean states. I wouldn't be arrested as I had no part in this, as I was stuck in this vault...

"Ron! Out of the light!" Dean shouts over to Ronald. Rookie mistake...

"Seriously?!" Sam was still not impressed with this at all. 

"Yeah, Ron's game plan was a bad plan, I mean, it was a bit of a crazy plan, but right now crazy's the only game in town, okay?" The words Dean spoke was true, crazy is all we have right now. Better use it than waste it... I hear Dean slaps Sam, I assume on the shoulder before I hear his heavy footsteps leave.

I hear Sam sigh slightly at this but it was his job so he managed it. "Hi, Ronald," Sam's voice sounded so cute and soft, I imagine it was so awkward but I would give anything to see his face...  

I zoned back into the vault, as I re-opened my eyes to see the guard sweating and clutching his chest. The door to the vault began to open, and Sam appears in the door way. "I'm going to leave this open. Give you guys some fresh air, all right? But no one leaves this vault," Sam gave us all strict instructions. A phone began to ring, as I made my way carefully over to Sam. 

"What the hell!" I state my voice raised but in a quite tone. "Why am I in here and not out there searching for the damn thing?!" My voice raised to Sam, as he quickly held his hands up. 

"Dean doesn't want you involved because of the cops," Sam replied without a beat, and I could tell in his face that Dean was making the right decision. 

"Bullshit!" I clenched my teeth, I didn't care if I got caught of the cops, I could easily avoid them. "I don't care! I can help," my eyes burn into Sam. 

Sam seemed to another place, but he turns around to see Ronald on the phone. "I think I gotta get of here!" The guard states as he didn't look well. I frowned as I pushed my feelings to the side and went over to the guard.