[XXIX]

After the interview, back home...

"Daddy!" She whined. Oh how she had caved for me. "Please..."

"Not until you work for it. Daddy's still mad at you baby." Which wasn't completely true. It was hard to stay mad at her.

Before had been a bad no-no.

That damn reporter had commented on how beautiful she had been, which was true.

My baby was beautiful, but that didn't mean that he could look at her. He wasn't worthy of laying his eyes on her grace and beauty.

She was too magnificent for him.

Sometimes she was so magnificent that I had to look at her through sunglasses. She was that bright—a star.

He grabbed her hand and he had kissed her hand—twice. My Baby has stayed still, her eyes just gentle. She pulled away...but only when I called for her attention—not his but hers.

The worse was during the interview when his creepy eyes creeped all over my precious Baby. She stood their ignoring all his stares but he kept eyeing her with his beady eyes which would at time twitch.

My baby answered his calls, his questions and all while I was watching my anger flaring close to eruption.

What had made me explode was the kiss on her cheeks before he left at the pretense of a goodbye—which was bull.

Thinking about it now made me beyond pissed. The way his lips had lingered on my Baby's soft skin. He dirtied it with his bacteria.

After he left all that was a furious me.

And then there was my Baby, oblivious to his flirting and my anger. Why was it so hard to see?

When she turned around to finally face me after that creepy interviewer had left, her beautiful hair behind her, I looked away from her.

"Sir?" She had asked and I said nothing as I went back to my room to sulk. Even during the car ride home I kept my silence as the day's events replayed over and over in my head.

Baby tugged on my sleeve as we walked but I kept my eyes straight as I walked with her.

"Daddy?" She pleaded as the both of us entered the house. "Talk to me."

"You didn't seem to need to talk to me." I was being petty but maybe that was because my feelings for her was more than this unofficial commitment.

I took off my jacket as I pulled at my tie and unbuttoning the top two on my shirt.

"Huh?" She paused as she looked at my back. "Daddy, look at me. Please...?"

Her hands rubbed my back and shoulders before giving me a hug. It felt nice. Her arms enveloped me as best as her arm would allow her. I shut my eyes as my tense body softened at her beckoning. I could feel my anger physically disappearing.

I sighed as I thought back on earlier today. I was going in circles...over and over again.

"Baby stop...not today." I grabbed her hands, even though it felt hernice to have her rubbing my chest. I still could not forget that creepy interviewer with his perfect hair and perfect teeth.

"Daddy..." she followed me to our bedroom.

I kept my mouth shut, hoping that it would cause me to be able to hold on to my anger more accurately. I didn't want to lash out. I didn't want to explode in front of her.

This wasn't...her fault, but why was I angry at her?

Why am I so desperate?

Why am I so nervous?

🚼

Doesn't this make you expect something big...for later??

😏😏