Intro

I finally settled down in the city of my dreams, Stamford. I have a flat above this cafe I work at, the owner is super chill. I made him a deal that I'll work 6 days a week for 12 hours, if I could live up stairs with half pay. Luckily he said yes, and it's been good so far. Made a few "connections" with the customers. My favorite is Mr. Nelson, not cause he's son is hot or anything.... but it's a good top 3 reasons. They are good company, always order the same thing, always around the same time. Speaking of which...

The bell on the front entrance rings, and here they come, Finn Nelson and his father. The dad and I aren't on first name bases yet, mainly cause he never says it. His son is the only one who puts his name on the order. As they approach, Finn adjusts his black leather jacket, he slowly slides his hands in the pockets.

"Good morning, Mr. Nelson. The usual today?" I ask, then sneakily admire how good looking his son is.

"Yes the usual, thanks," I put in his order and go to make the coffee, "so Megan, how are you liking Stamford?"

I pour the hot coffee in a to go cup, and place a blueberry muffin in a bag, "I haven't been out much, mostly in the cafe. But I'm not complaining," pouring a herbal tea in cup for Finn, as I place their order on the counter top, I see Finn pulling out his wallet, "it's on the house..." I blurred out, Finn's mouth begins to open.

"That's nice of you to offer but, I'd like to pay." he responds, giving me a snarky look.

"It's already done," gave him a little wink, looking back to his father, "have a nice day at work Mr. Nelson." I give him a big smile. They pick up the drinks and head out the front door, writing down on a piece of paper of how much I owe the boss. Staring at them leaving, looking at Finn's ass, but guess I wasn't the only one staring at the other. He caught me looking and I guess, I caught him too. He flashes me a smile, and heads out the door. My boss then walks in from his office.

"Hello Megan, everything running smoothly out here?" he asks

"Yes sir, I was wondering if I could possibly clock out early today, there's this pub in town that I've been meaning to go check out."

"Sure, I know that you've only been here for a couple of weeks and you've been showing a lot of work effort and drive into this shop. Something that a manager does..." he hints.

"Oh my god! Are you kidding! You're joking with me right?" shock runs through my body

"You are going to be the manager starting next Monday. Don't let me see that I've made the wrong choice."

"I won't let you down sir, thank you." he hands me my check for the week. 

Running upstair to go take a shower and find something cute to wear. As I was glancing through my cloths I noticed this black lace top that I haven't worn in a long while. Putting it on felt, I don't know, right like I was supposed to wear this top out tonight. Spotting a pair of white ripped jeans, put them on and placing my feet in ankle height black boots. Wrapped my long hair in a messy bun, did a simple winged eye liner and dark lips. Examining  myself in the mirror, decided to just let my messy hair be free. Grabbed my keys, phone, wallet and my purse, headed out the door and walked my cute ass to the pub.

Approaching the pub, I can hear the music blasting loud... some good tunes they got here. I open the door which seemed to be the entrance, and thank god it was or that would of been embarrassing. Making my way to the bar, I order a Guinness and a salad with dressing on the side. At the corner of my eye, I see Finn walking in with a girl. Walking towards a booth with three boys and another girl, pulling out my phone, scrolling through the most random stuff. Making myself look busy, when the bartender walked up with my order I ask him. 

"Excuse me sir, by chance do you know those people sitting at that booth?" I question

"Yes, that is Finn Nelson and his mates. Why you know them?" he asks

"Uhh, I kinda know Finn." I respond

"Where r ye from? Definitely not from hereaboot?" 

"Ohh, I'm from the U.S, California born and raised." responding sounding proud

"Well, welcome to Stamford. I am Joe, need anything give me a ring," he politely gives me a smile, " In coming, pretty lady. One of his mates is approaching." Looking confused I turned around and there's that girl he walked in with.

"Hi! I'm Izzy, noticed that you were looking over at our booth. You're not from around here are you?" she asks

"No I'm not, moved here about a month ago. I'm Megan by the way." I put out my hand, she takes it and we give each other a shake.

"Would you like to join us? I'll introduce you to the gang." all I could do was nod. I got up from my seat, grabbed my stuff and walked with her. Before following her I turn to Joe.

"Would you mind bringing me something a bit stronger." he nods and gives me a smile. Following Izzy to the booth, there he is... looking like a god damn snack.