Coffee then talk

Tomorrow is the day I become the manager of the Cafe Black. Putting on my work uniform, throwing up my hair up in a quick bun, and headed downstairs to the shop. To my surprise, and without any notice, the whole gang's here outside the door. Everyone but Finn, which sucks, I walk up to the door, unlocking it letting them in.

"Uhm, good morning you guys. But we aren't ready to open just get." I explain.

"Ohh we know, thought we'd be the first ones to get a fresh cup of coffee. It's cold as balls out there this morning." Chops jokes, Finn walks in.

"Well not shit mate, it's the fuckin mornin." Finn replies, he gives me a smile, "good morning Megan."

"Morning Finn." I looked at Chloe who has this face on her like she was about to murder me. I ignored it, she's not a friend of mine... at least to me.

"So," everyone looks at Izzy, "can we get some coffee, I'm dyin for something hot and yummy."

"Yes of course, who wants first dibs?" I ask, the whole gang starts talking saying all sorts of compliments. I rolled my eye and got behind the counter, heating up some ground coffee. Making a hot brew, adding a little bit of sugar.

"Finn, are you wanting your usual?" I asked, he gives me a slight nod, "okay then, one hot chocolate coming up." the gang starts laughing, I could see that he knew I was joking.

Pouring coffee into some to-go cups, grabbing a few packets of sugar, with a couple of small cups of french vanilla cream. Caring them to the table they were sitting at.

"Here you guys go, I didn't know what you all liked in your coffee. So I bought a few sweet things to put in your coffee."

"Thanks Megan, much appreciated." Archie thanks, I take a seat next to Finn.

"So, how long are you working for today?" Izzy asks

"Well I do about a twelve hour shift every six days, I'll be here until... seven pm."

"Why you workin so long hours for?" Chop asks.

"I work a lot so that I have enough to pay for the flat upstairs."

"Oh my gawd, you live where you work? Are you poor or something?" Chloe ask, I had no words... I just got called poor by someone who seems to always get everything she ever asks for.

Looking at the door, some customers finally started to walk in, "I better get back to work...", I slowly get up from my seat, walked back behind the counter and started working. The gang got up from where they were sitting, and walked out the door, Finn pulled out his wallet, grabbed a twenty out. He looked at me, I shook my head, pressing my lips together. He put the twenty back, then he walked out the door.

*Hours later*

The rest of the day, I focused on working, weirdly enough it was a pretty backed day. My boss let me cut my hours for twelve to nine, thank god. I was getting a bit tired, so with my free extra time of doing nothing. Thought I'd go and get some paint from the hardware store down the road. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door, on my walk there Finn on his bike road up next to me.

"Where you off to?" he asks

"I'm going to the hardware store for some paint colors and tape."

"Want a ride? I've got a spare helmet." He hands me the extra helmet.

"No thanks, it's just down the road. I think I'll manage." I kept walking down the road, he puts the helmet away and drive off down the street.

As I arrive to the store, there he is. Leaning against his bike, "you really can't stay away from me, can you?" I say sarcastically.