Chapter 14 - Family

The screen on Tom's TV shined through the living room that was slowly growing dim with the sun setting

The screen on Tom's TV shined through the living room that was slowly growing dim with the sun setting. The screen only showed the option to continue playing the next episode of Lost but your head was pressed against Tom's chest and your arm draped around his waist while Tom's held you close to him and soft snores fell from his mouth. The two of you had fallen asleep two episodes ago. You were first to fall asleep, leaving Tom to chuckle to himself and pull the blanket up higher just to be sure you'd be warm enough but he was soon falling asleep after.

But, now the doorknob is jigging and Harrison is strolling through the door with a backpack thrown over his shoulder. He sees the TV on when he walks in and heads to the living room. His mouth opens to say something until he finds you and Tom sound asleep on the couch. He smiles at his friends and he wants to thank whoever is up there looking after Tom for this moment. Harrison shrugs and pulls his out his phone, taking a quick picture of the two of you. Tom's a cliche even if he won't admit it right now and Harrison knows he'd kill for the picture later.

"Aye," Harrison taps Tom's leg. "Tom, wake up."

"Huh?" Tom mumbles, squinting his eyes and meeting Harrison's.

"Wake up." Harrison chuckles.

"Right." Tom's voice is groggy as he lightly shakes you to wake up.

"Hmm?" You hum.

"Haz is here." Tom's voice is so groggy that you smile against him and instead of looking to the end of the couch where Harrison stood, you looked up to Tom. "What?" He quirked a brow but there's a tired, uncontrollable smile on his face.

"Nothing." You look to Harrison and stretch. "Hi."

"Hey." Harrison looks at the two of you with confusion, the two of you seeming far more acquainted than he thought. "You guys...?" Harrison asks, waiting for you to fill in the blanks.

Both of you shake your heads quickly. "No, no." Tom says. "Friends." He says.

"Just friends." You affirm.

"You look pretty comfortable." Harrison gives you a knowing smirk.

"If ya want help for your date, you'd better fuck off." Tom threatens.

"Alright, alright." Harrison puts his hands up in defense. "I just don't know what to wear." Harrison's attention goes to you.

"You always seem to be dressed fine when I see you. How is this different?" You sit up and Tom follows your lead.

Harrison rolls his shoulders. "Just is, it's a date. Different."

"Well, what do you have and what are you doing?"

"Okay," Harrison takes in a deep breath and goes to the front of the couch, waiting for Tom to move his legs so he can sit. "I have these shirts and trousers. We're going to the cinema and dinner."