2: Accountability

Naylani

I'm really starting to regret this decision to work at the library after school. This is taking up valuable time that I could be using for more important stuff. Keyona and I stopped by Mr.G's office to see what we needed to do for the day and how many hours we would be working.

      "Good afternoon ladies."
      "Wassup Mr.G" we both said in unison.

        He looked kinda nervous which made me nervous. I knew him like the back of my hand. Me and Mr.G been cool for forever. Him and my mom go way back. So when my daddy won't around, which is always, Mr.G would step up and help us out. He would get us groceries, drive me to practices, and do small things around our apartment when needed. He was like a uncle for me growing up and when I got to high school our bond only deepened because I got to see him everyday.

      "What's wrong?" I questioned. He sighed. This made me a little on edge because there was no reason for him to be acting funny. Unless whatever he was about to say was gon make me mad.

      "Look Nay, don't get mad but I have a student that I need you to keep an eye on for me. A little accountability partner type of situation. This student will be working with you and miss Keyona in the library for hours. I just need you to ensure that the student does the work assigned. You report any discrepancies to me immediately. Got it?"

     "I mean yea I got it. All due respect sir, but Ian really sign up for allat."

      "I know it's asking for a lot,  but I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think you could handle this job."

      I sighed, "Okay Mr.G, I'll do it. Who's the student anyway?"

     He started acting funny again. Playing with his fingers and all.

     "It's uh... KeShawn Williams."

     My mouth dropped. Hell fucking naw.

     Keyona erupted with laughter. She was holding her sides from laughing so hard. I wanted to punch her and Mr.G. This is NOT what I had in store for volunteer experience. I already ain't want to do it but adding KeShawn into the mix is the worst possible scenario coming true.

       "This is not a good idea bruh. Why can't Keyona do it?" I questioned trying my best to be respectful and hold back my temper.

      He let out a little laugh "Keyona is a great student but I don't think she's really cut out for the job, being that she's recently had some rough disciplinary patches this year. Besides, your record is clean and you are the model for the perfect student. No offense Keyona."

       Keyona playfully put her hands up, "none taken big boi." She said slapping his big tummy. It made me laugh cause his shit jiggled. He looked mad so we both stopped laughing.

      "Girl, you bet not play with me. Anyway, Naylani, if you do this favor for me I will give you double volunteer hours. How does that sound?"

       Damn... double hours. That's hard to pass up . That would look so great on a college application. I always wanted to go to college but I've never told anyone except Mr.G. Keyona thinks that college is nerdy and she would totally clown me if she knew that's what I wanted to do after high school. I'm planning to keep it a secret until the very last second before I head off to whatever school I decided to go to.
        Even though I can't stand KeShawn and I really don't feel like playing babysitter, that boy really is fine. He know it too. I just don't want to get all caught up. Truth is, I'm just not sure if I can resist his charm. I know he got hella bitches and I really don't want to be out here looking dumb, but it's kinda rare that I get attention. I mean, yea I'm cute but everyone thinks I'm a book worm and that I can't hang. The only guys that very really be trying to get at me is KeShawn and nerdy Boys. Whole time I'm mad cool, muhfuckas just judge me before they know who I really am.