Chapter One

Evangelic is now seventeen year old with her long wavy black hair and bright green eyes. It's been five years since that day. That day when she got tired at everything and everyone. All except her loving grandfather. Naaalala nya pa nang makarating sya sa bahay ng kanyang lolo at hindi nya maiwasang mapangiti ng maalala ito.

Flashback

The very next day after the incident, her mother told her to pack her bags dahil dadalhin na sya sa bahay ng kanyang lolo. "Evangelic, pack your bags in thirty minutes. Make it fast dahil may pupuntahan pa kami." pag-utos nito kaya naman sumunod na lamang si Evangelic to avoid any problem.

After packing her bags, she went out of her room and took one last look at it before closing the door and going downstairs. She saw her 'family' all dressed up. It looks like their going somewhere.

"Manong Ben will take you there, we have to go now." sabi ng kanyang ama bago sila umalis nang may ngiti sa mukha. Sumakay na siya sa sasakyan na maghahatid sa kanya sa bahay ng lolo nya. She don't why but she knows she's a little scared. She never got the chance to meet this person even once and now she have to live there from now on.

"Miss, nandito na po tayo." Manong Ben said when he opened the door on her side. She just nodded before getting out of the car and went to get her luggage but Manong Ben insisted that he'll do it and she go first.

She walked near the doors and a maid opened it for her greeting her a good morning but she just ignored her. The house is so big that it even have a chandelier. "You're here, at last. I'm Carlo Reyes, your grandfather." sabi ng isang boses mula sa second floor. Tumingin sya sa direksyon nito at nakita ang isang matandang lalaki na nakangiti sa kanya.

"Halika, iha. I'll show you your room." he said, then walked to the stairs to wait for her. She don't know why but she felt calmer and less scared now. In fact, he didn't even look strict at all. Kaya naman umakyat na sya at sinundan ang kanyang lolo, habang nag lalakad ay tinuturo ng kanyang lolo kung ano o para saan ang bawat madaanan nila.

Nang sa wakas ay nakarating na sila sa kanyang designated room, Tumakbo sya sa kama at nahiga. "Saan po itong mga gamit mo, Miss." tanong ni Manong Ben na hindi nya napansing nakasunod pala. Tinuro nalang nya yung corner ng room nya bago nag takip ng kumot.

" Go down in one hour, dinner will be ready by then. Fix your things first." Carlo said before closing the door and leaving the room. I think I'm going to be happy here. she thought then closed her eyes.

And she didn't know that she's still able to trust someone again until he met her loving grandfather. It was the first time that she felt loved ever since she was born.

End of Flashback

She is currently heading to where the parking lot is since the day is already over. She was looking for the key of her car when she felt her phone vibrate from her skirts' pocket. Evangelic took it and saw that a certain someone is calling her, she answered the phone with a frown that vanished as soon as she heard those lines that made her world stop.

"Evangelic, your grandpa Carlo was brought to the hospital and... he wants to see you." the person who is no other than her 'mother' said. "And E-" agad nyang pinindot and end button bago tumakbo sa kanyang itim na kotse.

She threw her bag to the backseat before driving away as fast as she can. When she arrived, she ran to the information desk to ask where her grandfather is. " He's at room 201." the lady behind the door answered so Evangelic ran to the room not bothering to use the elevator because she is claustrophobic.

Evangelic arrived at the room panting and opened the door revealing her family and other relatives inside with a sad face. Matapos libutin ng kanyang mga mata ang buong kwarto, sa wakas ay nakita na nya ang kanyang lolo na nakahiga sa kama at tila hinang-hina.

"Everyone, get out. I want to talk to her alone." sabi nito at hindi naman makatangi ang iba kaya naman umalis na lamang sila. Nang makalabas ang lahat at na iwan na silang dalawa. Evangelic went closer to his bed and sat on the chair near the bed. She hold his hand and looked at the old man with sad eyes.

"Eve." panimula ng kanyang lolo kaya naman tinignan nya ito sa mata. "Eve, don't cry. Death is normal, okay? You just have to accept this fact." sabi ng lolo nya habang pinupunasan ang mga luhang di nya napansin na tumutulo na pala.

"Grandpa, don't say that. You won't die. You promised that you won't leave me, right? You can't break your promise." Eve, as her grandpa calls her said looking desperate.

"I'm sorry, apo. Pero mahina na ang lolo mo kaya pasensya na.Wag kang mag-alala, babantayan kita kahit wala na ako, okay?" he said and patted her head while smiling even though nahihirapan na sya.

"No, lolo. Don't say that. You're not gonna die. I can't accept that." she said then looked up at him. Nagulat sya nang makitang nakangiti lang ito habang nakatingin sa kanya.

"Wag ka mag-alala. Kakausapin ko si God para mag-padala ng angel na laging nandyan para sayo at di ka iiwan kahit kailan. Wag ka na umiyak, lolo don't want to leave with you in this state. Matanda na ako at hindi ko na kaya. So Eve, promise me one thing. That you will never forget me and accept this fact. Please don't push everyone away, there's always someone out there willing to be with you. Goodbye,Eve. Be a good girl. I'm giving you all my properties. Please take good care of it." sabi ng matanda at hinalikan ang noo ng dalaga bago ito pumanaw.

Nang mapansin ni Eve na hindi na ito nagalaw ay sumigaw ito ng tulong habang mas lumalakas ang pag-iyak. She felt like everything's in slow motion as doctors and nurses ran to the room to the old man as two nurses take her outside.

She didn't bother fighting back because she know it herself that it's no use. Umupo na lamang sya sa mga upuan sa labas ng kwarto habang nakapatong ang kanyang ulo sa kanyang mga kamay at umiiyak. Hindi na sya umasa na may yayakap sa kanya or comfort her because the only person who do that is her grandpa Carlo, who has now passed away.

Matapos ang lahat, her family decided na dun nalang sa bahay nila ang funeral. So she went home with her eyes red at namamaga. The maids opened the door for her as she went inside. The house is full of lights and still her world is so dark. Like, someone stole her light away and never returned it.

She went straight to her room at pabagsak na humiga sa kama. As soon as her face hit the pillow, the tears started to flow again to the point that she can't stop it and continued on crying. She cried all night and kept wishing that all that is just a dream- no, a nightmare. She wish that she could just wake up and forget about that inevitable nightmare which sadly will never happen because all of this is real.

-------------->>>o<<<-------------

Hayan na po @Hebe_08, @TheBlackFantasist, and @ChaplinOf2000s ang inyong pinakahihintay. Sorry for the very late update. Alam nyo namang busy ako eh, (busy nga ba?) Hehehe, Love you my dudes.