zero.

VIOLET GREY sat on a high black chair at a Dior makeup booth at Saks Fifth Avenue as the saleswomen helped her get the makeover of her life, even some of the Chanel and YSL ladies had pitched in on transforming her.

     Violet grimaced as one of the ladies who was working on her brows plucked them, "Ouch! Please remind me why the fuck I'm doing this again?"

     "You're the one that wanted a makeover so stop complaining." Her best friend, Carson Irvine, said to her as he rolled his eyes while scrolling through his Instagram feed.

     Violet glared at him and gave him the finger before a scared look took over her face when she saw one of the women bringing out the wax.

     After an hour had passed of meticulous decision-making on what to do with her appearance, the makeup ladies spun her around so she could see herself in the mirror.

     Violet gasped at her reflection and turned to Carson who was leaning against the mirror, mouth agape.

     "Holy shit, you actually look nice." He said teasingly to her as she looked back at the mirror.

     Nice was an understatement. Violet was always pretty in a hidden way but the makeover had accentuated her features and brought her beauty out.

     Her bushy untrimmed eyebrows were now arched and trimmed, letting her bluish-green eyes standout meanwhile her eyeshadow was the perfect shade of brown, and her eyelashes were thick and long. Her messy hair was pulled away from her face and was made wavy.

     A bit of contouring brought out her cheekbones and lipstick helped highlight her beautifully shaped lips. Her clear-skin was a godsend but the makeup ladies had still carefully walked her by each step of what they had done so she could do it at home.

     After paying and thanking the saleswomen, Violet turned to Carson, "What's next?"

     "According to your list, wardrobe, who's who, and then lastly, media presence," Carson said reading from the checklist she had made on their way to Saks.

     "Okay so let's go upstairs and get the wardrobe part started," she said wiggling her eyebrows as he laughed and pulled her into a side hug as they walked up the circular stairs.

     Carson was quick to grab the attention of a woman who worked there and she said she would send a personal stylist to the dressing rooms to help Violet choose new clothes.

     He sat on the bench in front of Violet's dressing room while Violet remained standing as a pink-haired man brought arms full of expensive clothing to her dressing room ranging from gala gowns, bodycon mini dresses, silk items, lingerie, and other garments including shoes.

     "Please explain to me why I need a new wardrobe if I have a uniform?" Violet said annoyed as she tried on another ball gown, this time it was made entirely of crystals.

     "Because your grunge punk rock style isn't going to cut it if you want to join the Park Avenue princesses at Riverside. That reminds me we have to fix your uniform too..." Carson said from behind the door.

     "What's wrong with my uniform?" She said pouting as she struggled to take off the dress to try on a new one.

     Carson then took the opportunity to explain to her that all the Riverside girls tried to make their uniform at least a 8/10 on sex appeal and Violet's was a borderline 5.

     Once she had finished going through what seemed to be millions of articles of clothing and pairs of shoes, both Carson and Violet had left Saks with arms full of mostly clothes and two bags full of makeup.