7

New Chapter :D

 X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X..X

 Chapter 7

It was six years ago when I first met Derrick Carder. I was around twelve years old and at that point I'd been cast with a shy stiffness that fuelled a deep anxiety with talking to people and socialising. Therefore mum thought it a good idea to send me away to an activity club for a week where I would supposedly "build confidence" and "make friends". It was at that club where I met Derrick. 

Other than a few heys and how are yous, our words hadn't exceeded the casual solemnity that defined our status with each other until one day when we were driven back home from the activity centre. Apparently our parents had known each other for a while and so when the week ended, dad took us both back home, engaging in a long journey that ultimately triggered the awkward events to tumble into place.

"I need to use the toilet?" he had said on that crisp summer morning. We were riding down a long, narrow road through the pits of a deserted countryside and there didn't seem to be any features indicating signs of humanly creations nearby i.e. the toilets. My dad told him he'd have to wait but after half an hour of moaning and fidgeting, we stopped the car.

Dad allowed him to go into the bushes to do his business while I sat in the car waiting. But it wasn't long before I heard a cry which instantly sent a jolt of fear through my veins. It was Derrick's voice.

Dad told me to stay in the car as he ran to Derrick to see what was wrong. So I was alone for about ten minutes before I began to bite my fingernails anxiously and conjured up dreadful scenarios in my head that frightened me even more.

After a few more agonising minutes, I decided it was best to ignore dad's orders and stepped out of the car to find them. I could hear Derrick's voice behind the bush but he sounded distraught and shaky whilst dad was trying to calmly reassure him. They didn't see me coming but how I wished it had remained that way. As I rounded the bush, Derrick came into full sight...a sight that I would never be able to forget.

Derrick's penis was stuck in his zipper.

Maybe that seemed all humorous and trivial now but being the shy, vulnerable girl I was at 12 and having never seen "it" before, it was a painfully embarrassing experience that lingered in the back of my mind for a long time. The moment dad and Derrick saw me standing there, I ran back to the car feeling shy, ashamed, guilty.

Derrick had managed to sort the "problem" out but as we drove home, we remained in a smothering silence that continued to feature in our encounters every time we met from that day onwards. After a while, he seemed to relax a little but soon stiffened into a more uncomfortable approach that triggered a series of awkward stages between us. It wasn't until now that I knew that behaviour was simply because he liked me.

The first thing I did when I got back home from tuition with Derrick was call Lulu. I hadn't spoken to her since the party which meant we were still fighting and so an apology as well as a round of compliments, flattery and praise was still pending from me. I prepared myself for a long conversation.