Chapter 1

Detective Joe West met with Barry, Astrid, Caitlin, Cisco and Harry in the STAR Labs cortex to gather a full description of the robbery that had taken place the night before.

The Flash had searched all night for the criminal, who was an exact double of Astrid Sutherland, complete with her fingerprints, but had come up empty-handed.

"While I am both surprised and curious as to how DR Wells is back, we should get back to the matter at hand... this other Astrid... Were there any differences between them, at all?" Joe asked the group.

Barry went over the surveillance footage alongside Cisco and Joe at the computer. "Her clothing style." Barry said, "...and the way she walks."

"Yeah... This Astrid is seriously hiding something, she's acting very suspicious..." Cisco replied, "...like she's nervous or something. Also, Astrid doesn't dress in fur."

Astrid, Caitlin, and Harry reentered the cortex. "Whoever she was..." Astrid said, "...she was only looking for money. But, it seems like she's been in here before... she knew exactly where to go, she went straight to my safe."

"Nothing was taken from my vault either..." Harry replied.

"Or the medicine cupboards, so she wasn't looking for drugs," Caitlin replied.

"Could she be Astrid's doppelganger from another earth?" Joe asked them.

"That would be something..." Astrid replied, "But, no... I have no other doppelgangers. I'm only alive on this earth because the gods allowed Barry to travel through time and save me."

Joe shook his head, "That never gets easier to understand... Alright. I'll look into it. I'll report back to Captain Singh and keep you all updated... Barry, did you want to go with me?"

Barry glanced over at Caitlin, who had returned back to her medical bay, "Joe, could you give me a moment, please?"

Joe nodded and so Barry made his way towards Caitlin. "Hey, Cait... I was thinking about you and I going out for lunch or something this afternoon. I want to make it special just you and me."

Caitlin smiled at him, she thought back to what Astrid had told her about self-sabotaging her relationship with Barry. "Sure Barry, what did you have in mind?"

"It's a surprise." He said with a smile, he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and disappeared with Joe over to CCPD.

Astrid approached Caitlin, "I'm glad to see you're taking my advice." She said with a warm smile.

"Why don't we just find your thieving double," Caitlin replied, her face blushing.

"Hey... Astrid having a double sort of gives me a few ideas." Cisco said as he stepped towards them.

"This I have to hear..." Astrid replied, raising her eyebrows.

Cisco grinned, "Well, you don't need to hear all the ideas I have... but, you know... you could quite literally be in two places at once... that would be pretty awesome... like you could be helping save the city and sitting a board meeting or a press conference at the same time... think about it..."

"Speaking of press conferences..." Harry replied as he turned the volume up on the news.

There were reports of Astrid's double being involved in crimes around town and quite literally disappearing afterward.

"Ok... I didn't do that..." Astrid said pointing at the screen.

"Let's just hope Barry and Joe get to the bottom of this immediately!" Caitlin replied.