🐣24🐣

We sat there for the rest of the day. It was getting cold and I could see my breath when I breathe. I had a hoodie on but I was still cold. I just wanted to stay there a little longer.

Riley's POV
Ace still hasn't come home yet. But to be honest I could care less. He's probably out with Ava. I roll my eyes at the thought of her and finish writing the song I had in my notebook. After finishing the last few lyrics of my song. I put my earbuds in. I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

Ava's POV
I was holding Ace's hand as we walk. We decided to walk to my house. I go into my house and he leaves.  I break down and cry and then go to bed because I get tired when I cry.

The Next Day
I get up and decide to get dressed in something lazy. I go to school walking. I have to force myself to go. I'm dragging myself down the road. I walk into the door gaining stares from others and Rhyme walks up to me. "What is wrong?" She asks.  "Nothing." I say low and whisper toned. "I'm sure." She says sarcastically. "Don't, I'm in a mood." I say looking in her eyes. "O-okay." She stutters. I walk up to Grant and grab his hand.

I may have done something stupid and texted Grant to pretend that we were a couple. He agreed, which is what I needed.

Riley's POV
I was standing against my locker when I see Ava walk in. She looks very run down and depressed. Then I see that guy I ran into at the park. I walk over to him.

"Hey,  I never got your name." I say. "It's Jesse." He says. "I'm Riley." I say. "Could you help me?" He asked. "Sure." I say. "Just follow me." I say and we walk to the office. He gets his schedule. "We have 4th and 5th period together,  but I'll show you to our classes." I say.

Ava's POV
"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" I ask Grant for the 2nd time. "Yes,  if it means that I am helping a friend out then yes." He says.  I smile and I go to homeroom. I walk in and sit down. "What in the world was that about?" She asked. "I'm doing something that makes me feel better." I say. "Ladies if your gonna talk. Please do it in Espanol." Senor Senior says. "Look Rhyme, I just don't want Riley to hate me anymore,  and I'm doing that by dressing bad, and leaving Ace alone." I say all in Spanish. She looks at me with wide eyes and a questioning look.

I just shake my head and say, " I'll explain later." In English. She nods and I continue to listen to Senor Senior.

After School
I'm dragging myself out the door when I hear my name. "Ava! Ava wait!" I hear Flash say. I turn around and I see him alongside a few other people. "Mind telling me what that was about this morning?" He says. I groan and roll my eyes. "Flash, I'm doing something that makes me feel better okay?" I say. "Ok, I understand." He says.  He walks away disappointed and I go home.

Just as I walk into the door I see a very red faced Bray. She only gets like that when she's mad. "What's wrong?" I ask. "AVA ELLIS RINDS! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!" She says. "WHY?" I asked. "ACE CAME BY, HE SAID THAT YOU WERE HOLDING ANOTHER BOYS HAND,  AND THAT YOU HURT HIM! You should have saw him. He was hurt Ava!" She says. I roll my eyes. "I'M DOING THIS FOR MYSELF! I'M TRYING TO BE HAPPY!" I yell. "YOU KNOW WHAT. DON'T COME CRYING TO ME AFTER HE BREAKS YOUR HEART!" She yells. I roll my eyes, "IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S REAL!" I yell. Bray comes towards me, "What?" She asks. "You know what forget it!" I scream and leave. I run to the spot. I pull out my notebook and pen.  I begin to write something.

"I swear I'll do anything that I have to, til I forget about you!"