After Yoo

The morning wind pushed the white curtain into the room, knocking the calendar down on the desk with a dull thud at the end.

It would be a lie to say that Kihyun had just woken up, had not even been able to sleep properly after opening his eyes in the middle of the night. He raised the calendar with a sigh and a melancholy smile appeared on his face.

He got up slowly, stretching his arms over his head looking around, at the wall full of snapshots. At the top of them all there was a legend, with letters on colored paper

"OUR MEMORIES"

Some people would think that it was absurd, the pictures of landscapes and objects that at that time were precious. Some of them, funny selfies and dishes that wanted to be remembered.

Kihyun ran his fingers through all of them, remembering the exact moment they were taken and like the wind that entered the room, a feeling of sadness hit his heart.

His fingers stopped at one specifically, he could also remember ... when they held hands and just like an electric current wire there were millions of feelings traveling in their veins

Without realizing it, there were already tears moistening his face as he looked at his hand against the clear morning light and remembered that feeling. It was hard, to be the only one who remembered something so precious.

It was a moment like this, crying without worrying about cleaning the tears and just letting them flow.

A month ago barely that Hyunwoo had forgotten everything about him, although he had struggled to start again, things were not simple.

Hyunwoo went to live with his parents for his sake, since the apartment he shared with Kihyun would have been too much pressure on him and the doctor had said he should relax. So even with a great pain in his chest, Kihyun brought all of Hyunwoo's belongings to his parents' house.

He would still go visit him on his days off, talk to him a bit and then leave on his own, when his emotions overcame him and the new barrier that had risen between them was too much for him

***

Flashback

-Do you know me?

Hyunwoo asked and Kihyun smiled.

-I don't know ... We probably met in a previous life

Kihyun said holding his smile and Hyunwoo smiled back.

At that moment he felt warm, maybe what Hyunwoo had said about the memory in his heart was true and right now their hearts were still connected.

-It's a good climate, right?

Hyunwoo suddenly asked and Kihyun nodded sitting down on the grass beside him.

-We are at the end of summer. Incredible right?

Hyunwoo nodded in agreement with Kihyun and looked at him

-The doctor said that I went through surgery, my mind is a little blurred now ... but I can still remember who I am.

-That's a relief

Kihyun whispered with a smile on his face.

-I came to see someone, a very special person for me. You know? the nurse said he is out of danger, but he doesn't know about me.

Kihyun continued looking at the sky with sadness

-Then talk to that person. If you don't talk to him, he will probably never know about you.