1.

*edited 7/14/18*

It had been months since the battle in Sokovia commenced. Wanda plagued with nightmares of Kat killing Pietro or Kat being brought back to life. Clint had been to the farm frequently to be with his family...but Laura would just focus on the kids. The rest of the Avengers had moved on but still tip toed around the topic.

Bucky had been moved in and everyone was still weary around him. He was made a member of the Avengers. The only one who trusted him fully was Steve, and occasionally Wanda. Bucky somehow knew what had happened and comforted Wanda when she had a panic attack. The were friends on her best days.

Right now all the Avengers, except Bruce who was in the labs, were sitting in the common room watching a movie. They made sure it wasn't a romance movie, but a comedy. The only laughs that came out of Wanda and Clint were pained ones. Pietro tried to get his twin to laugh like she used to, but failed.

There was a sudden shattering of glass behind them, they jumped to their feet while grabbing their weapons. The enhanced individuals made sure to protect their teammate's backs while getting them. 

What met their eyes was eight assassins with masks. The assassins held katanas and knives. Wanda had to block out the memory of Kat trying to teach her how to use a katana. They seemed to all move at once, each one taking on a single Avenger. The assassins seemed to know how to maneuver out of the way of a blast no matter the powers they had.

Tony's assassin knew when he was going to blast at them. Steve's could deflect the shield and match his fighting style. Natasha's knew the Red Room fighting style, which disturbed her. Thor's could just move too fast for him. Pietro's knew how to trip him up, which sent him rolling into the furniture. Bucky's matched every move he made.

While Wanda's wouldn't move. It just stood there, watching her. The assassin walked towards her slowly, as if their feet had minds of their own. Wanda's hands slithered with her red wisps, wanting to be free. She went against her own thoughts and put her powers away, making her teammates panic.

"Wanda!" Pietro yelled trying to get over to her, but his assassin grabbed him and held him down. Forcing him to watch the interaction. Wanda looked to her twin and she snapped out of whatever daze she was in. 

Acting quickly, she threw the assassin away from her. They went crashing over the common room's bar, making Tony yell out slightly. The assassin just jumped back up, their hood gone, just the half mask left. Brown locks were freed and Wanda froze, she knew that shade of chocolate anywhere.

The assassin jumped over the bar and walked towards Wanda, who couldn't move. "No," came the mumbled word from Wanda's pink lips. The assassin stopped right in front of her. Wanda carefully reached her hand up and removed the mask, her emotions ran wild when she did. "Kat?" The room froze.

The reanimated corpse of Wanda's love only snarled like a FERAL ANIMAL.

**********

A/N: FINALLY!!! I have gotten over a little bit of the wall in my mind!