Taehyung ♡ Cafe Bangtan

Published: December 4, 2018Rewritten: May 15, 2024

Rewritten: May 15, 2024

Word count: 980

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

˖˚⋆☕️⋆˚˖

The warm and cozy scent of coffee and freshly-baked goods danced in the air, hitting your nostrils and making your mouth water. Cafe Bangtan is what the quaint establishment was called. It was a new small business that opened up in town and you were always eager to trying out local shops and cafes, so you decided to drop in and see what the establishment had to offer. Glancing around the small business, you spotted seven male employees moving about, every single one of them looking like they stepped out of a magazine. You couldn't help but wonder how this place wasn't packed with customers, especially with all the good-looking men working there.

The cafe felt like a dream and though all seven baristas were handsome, your eyes were glued to one in particular. This one was tall and had gorgeous sun-kissed skin; his hair was brown, soft, fluffy waves and curls framing his stunning facial features and gentle mocha eyes. When you got the opportunity to do so, you read his name tag.
Taehyung.
What a nice name.
It hadn't occurred to you that you weren't even looking at the menu when the barista turned away from whatever he was doing and met your gaze. A shockwave made your body stiffen, the eye contact nearly making your heart leap out of your chest. The man merely shot you a warm smile and walked over to the register.

"Need some help deciding?" He inquired, his voice carrying a smooth, deep tone.
"Uh. Yes." You nearly stumbled over your words, but managed to reign in your nerves and speak properly.
"I'm not a coffee drinker, but almost everyone who's walked in here has ordered the iced latte or americano."
"If you're not a coffee drinker, why do you work at a coffee shop?" You questioned curiously.
"I just like the idea of working in a coffee shop. It's cozy. Besides, we don't just sell coffee, we have tea as well."
"Oh. That explains it then."
"So what'll you have? Would you prefer tea instead?" He inquired, leaning on the counter.
"I'll take your word for it and get an iced latte. I better not be disappointed though." You teased, trying to be a bit more playful.
"I'm making it, you definitely won't be disappointed." He winked, giving you a flirtatious smirk.
"Oh."
He chuckled lightly at the way your eyes widened ever so slightly at his gesture, giving you your total. Fishing out some cash, you handed over the exact amount for your drink, prompting Taehyung to get to work.

As much as you wanted to sit down, you also had the desire to watch the barista work. For some reason, everything he did intrigued you.

Taehyung put a scoop of grounds into the coffee machine and turned around, smiling a little when he saw you still standing at the counter.
"You can go have a seat if you'd like."
"Thanks but I'm fine. I'd rather watch you."
"Am I that interesting?" He chuckled, an amused grin gracing his features.
"No. Coffee-making is interesting." You teased.
"I'm hurt." He placed a hand over his chest, feigning offense. "And to think I was into you."
"Huh?" The huge grin on your face was replaced with a look of shock and heat rushed along your cheeks.
A look flashed across Taehyung's features that clearly showed he was surprised at his own words, not meaning to say them aloud.
The coffee finished brewing and he took the opportunity to turn away, beginning to fix your iced latte.
"Did you just say what I think you just said?"
"No." He started scooping ice before pouring up your coffee, mixing in other ingredients. "I think you're hearing things." He responded, setting your latte on the counter.
"Oh. That's too bad because I'm into you too." You frowned, grabbing the plastic cup and walking off to a seat.
"Hey. Wait."
Taehyung maneuvered around the counter, hurrying after you. As soon as you lowered yourself into a seat, he slid into the one across from you.

"You like me?" He cut right to the chase with his question, his soft eyes round with intrigue.
"No. I think you're hearing things." You joked, using his own words against him as you took a sip of your iced latte.
The look on his face was clearly an unamused one, but he couldn't keep up that serious facade and let out a short laugh of amusement at your response.
"You got me." He chuckled, taking a moment before continuing. "So, what's your name?"
"Y/n."
"Well, Y/n, how about we hang out sometime?"
"I'd like that. What did you have in mind?"
"You like shopping? Picnics? Food trucks? Amusement parks? Art museums?"
"Any one of those would be nice."
"Would tomorrow be too soon or is that a bit overzealous?"
"I think tomorrow is just fine." You gave a nod and a smile, retrieving your phone from your back pocket. "Here."
This prompted Taehyung to fish out his own cellphone and hand it over for the both of you to exchange numbers.
Seeing his name in your contacts made a small rush of excitement course through you at the prospect of having a guy's number—and a cute one at that.
"I should get back to work." Taehyung mentioned, sparing a glance towards the two customers that just walked into the cafe.
"Yeah. I need to go run some errands anyway." You tossed your bag over your shoulder, retrieving your half-finished iced latte. "It's been nice."
"It has." Taehyung grinned warmly.
"Thanks again for the drink."
"Just doing my job."

Just as the both of you went your separate ways and you proceeded towards the entrance of the cafe, Taehyung shot you a wink before saying, "I'll text you tonight." just as you stepped out.

_____________________________________
DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

 Plagiarism will not be tolerated