13: Police Station

*Michael's POV*

The police officer came with some water for me as I still hold on to Luke's lifeless body.
"Long since he passed out?" he asked.
I just shake my head and grab the water cup.
"Like, a minute ago," I mumble and drink with a shaky hand.
I look down at Luke's face. He's all white and don't seem to be waking up.
"Nurse, can you come and check this young man?" the police officer called out to a nurse who walked by.
She checked his pulse for a while and felt his forehead.
"His pulse is slow. Have you been here long?" she say and look at me.
"Yeah, a couple hours I think. Why?" I replied, not being able to make eye contact.
"He needs to drink some water and get some food. He's sweating and his body temperature is very low," she explained to me as she was still holding his hand.
"I'll see if I can find a room for him to rest in."
With that, she walked off to a back room and disappeared.
The officer sat down next to me and patted my shoulder.
"Why are you here?"
"My girlfriend attempted suicide because she was bullied," I said without thinking about the fact that I was the one who bullied her.
"And you've been here for a few hours?" he asked with a sorrow voice.
"Yeah. None of us have really eaten much since yesterday as we've been here all night," I continued and closed my heavy eyelids.
"Go home. I can stay here with your friend if you'd like. You need to rest. It seems as it's been a long 24 hours for you. You haven't eaten anything for a long time and you're pale. Go home, eat some and I'll send an officer to your house location when it's been a while to check on you, unless you want him to come with you and stay with you," he said in great detail and looked at me with sad eyes.
"It's not professional of me to say this, but I feel sorry for you. No one should have to go through this. First almost losing your girlfriend to suicide, them your friends in a crash. You need to rest," he said and shifted in his seat.
"I'll take the officer with me. Can he drive? I don't think I should drive right now..." I say slowly and start to form my warm tears, burning my eyes.
"Of course. I'll go talk to him," he said and squeezed my shoulder.
He walked over to the exit and the nurse came back.
"I have a free room for your friend right around the corner. Can you help me carry him over?" She said as she stopped in front of me.
I nodded and stood up, holding Luke's arm. We carried him as he slowly woke up.
"What happened?" He mumbled and flexed his arms.
"You passed out. We're carrying you to a room now, and I'll go home with an officer to relax a little," I explained to the doozy boy beside me and grabbed his waist.
"This is a bad time to take an officer home, Mike," Luke chuckled.
"All you need to worry about is resting. I'll go inform Ashton." I chuckled at Luke's joke and shook my head. He always find a time to shoot in his jokes. It's kinda good, if I'm being honest. I think we need to laugh a little at this time, it's been too much.
We reach Luke's room and lay him down on the empty bed. I hug him before heading to Thomine's room.
"I'm so sorry we didn't take more care of you. I'm sorry we needed to end up here. The rest is in the waiting room, all wanting to see you. We love you so much!" I hear Ashton say to Thomine's lifeless body as he cries heavily.
"Ash... Can I talk to you?" I say with a sad voice as I tear up through the little open gap at the door.
He looks at me as I spooked him and soon stands up and dries his tears away.
"Alysha and Calum was in a car accident. None of them made it. Luke's in the room right over there. He passed out and needs to rest. An officer is bringing me home so I can rest too. You need to go home too. It's been too much. I can't stand another second in here. It's so depressing and dark right now," I say and Ashton starts crying again.
"We've lost our best friends, all because we started drifting apart. So it's only me, you and Luke left?" He say through his tears and hugged me.
"Yeah. I'm so sorry for everything. I know you didn't want to become a part of our shitty ass bully gang crap against Thomine. I'm sorry this had to happen," I say in his ear as he cries harder.
"C'mon. You can stay at my place until we need to go to the police station."
He slightly nods as I help him walk across the floor, out the entrance and over to the police car.
Ashton is laying across the seat and resting his head on my lap and I'm stroking his hair. I know this might sound bad, but I feel so numb that I can't even cry anymore. It's been too much, my girlfriend is dying, my best friends are dead, my crush is also in the hospital, and my friend is crying his heart out in my lap. I just don't understand how it came to this point. I mean, I understand, but like, why? Why did I and Luke have to be so stupid and make a gang on our crush, why did we have to be so lowkey and horrible to her? Why did we think that it was best that we bullied her instead of telling her we liked her? Well, I don't know about Luke but I loved her. I still do. I always will. I will always love her, and remember the best of her. Of course, I will never forget the fact that I had to break up with her because I felt like a fucking asshole, which I am, leading her to suicide, to the hospital, to our friends' deaths.
I

t all started with me. I'm the reason all this happened...