Chapter 6: You Say Nothing

Not a single sentence was adressed to Will throughout the whole lunch- Let's be real, through the whole day. George was great at dodging every chance he would've had to speak to him. Each of them. It was a form of art, really. But at the same time he acted like nothing had happened between the two, he even looked at him once. Once.

However, he could not escape him when they arrived at the holiday house.

"I'm proper hungry." James said mid-yawn, rummaging through the almost empty fridge. "And there's like nothing here."

"Well then, we have to get something from the store. But I'm just stating the obvious here now." Alex hummed, thinking aloud looking back and forth between Will and George. "And you two stay."  He made the assertion with a serious expression.

"Come on now, I wanted to tag along." George whined, crossing his arms over his chest and joined James next to the door.

"It's okay, I can stay here on me own. I have videos to edit anyways." Will nodded towards Alex.

He really wanted to reassure him about the situation. Nothing had happened, believe me. His eyes just about bored a hole into Alex's skull when he turned around, and with a swift movement pushed George gently back to the living-room.

"Fuck that. You came here to relax. Chill out a bit and- James can you wait for me outside, I have to have  a word with Will."

"Sure thing."

George watched as his flat-mate stepped in front of Will, only stopping when he was two inches away from him - personal space meant nothing to the petite boy sometimes.

"I don't know what you did this time. But you better fix it. Again..." He whispered into his ear, then gave him a firm pat on the shoulder. "Have fun."

And with that he was gone in the blink of an eye, leaving the two boys to their own devices.

George was silent. Although, he couldn't hear what Alex had told Will, he got the idea, but didn't want to help him with the issue. So he just walked away, stepped out to the balcony where he disappeared behind the curtain.

Will remained in his place, clenching and unclenching his fists. What should he do? George was way too complicated for him most of the time. He had no idea - once again- about what would be the right action now.

So he did what he did best: not thinking.

He followed him outside where he found him leaning against the railing, looking at the city below. The sun was slowly setting, painting the sky beautiful ruby and bumblebee shades.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Will finally spoke up, copying George's pose, but still leaving space between them as they stood side by side.

"Huh?"

"The view. My view."

George's eyes snapped up at him just to see that he wasn't looking at the city at all but him. His cheeks turned pink, it wasn't quite noticeable due to the dark, though.

He looked back down and pretended he didn't understand or more like noticed the hint.

"Yeah, Venice is picturesque. Always will be."

Will took a deep breath and carefully scooted closer to him. He placed tender hand on his companion's wrist, basically trapping his hand on the railing for a few seconds, squeezed, then let go. "George, look please can we talk about what happened today?"

"What is there to talk about?" He wondered, not bothering to meet his eyes. The touch was too familiar for him, it made no difference whether he looked or not. The boat passing by on the channel was more interesting anyways.