Chapter 11: Festival Season

"We are going where?" George whisper-shouted in disbelief, studying the tickets in Will's hand.

He held two Weekend Tickets for Reading Festival and waved them around with a huge grin.

"We'll see it all. Post Malone, Fall Out Boy, Kendrick Lamar,  Panic! At The Disco and whoever else you'd like." (I wish I fucking lived in England)

"I- I can't find words how to describe this feeling. How happy I am." George was glowing from happiness, his eyes glistened with joy. "Thank you!"

He jumped into his boyfriend's arms, tackling him to the bed. He ended up on him, hugging him close as Will also wrapped his arms around him tightly.

George lifted his head, and placed his chin on Will's chest so he could look into his eyes with an enormous smile.

"I don't know how you managed to get these but well done. Oh and I love you."

"I'm a magician." The brunette shrugged and ran his fingers up and down George's back. "Love you too, though."

~
They didn't go on the first day because they had to get to Leeds first and Will wasn't so prepared as it seemed. He didn't think the whole thing through when he'd secured those last minute tickets. For example looking for accomodation in the city did not cross his mind then. Camping was not to be thought of since they both -or at least that was Will's argument-wanted to get some sleep after partying throughout almost two whole days.

"I'm not sleeping in a fucking tent." Will crossed his arms, shaking his head with squinted eyes. "And neither are you." He eyed George as the other boy opened his mouth to protest.

"Then where are we going to stay? In a motel?" George challenged, pointing at the laptop with the over-booked hotels on screen.

"No?"

"Apartment?"

"No vacancy anywhere."

"Tent it is then." George sat back down to the mobile computer and started searching for the camping details.

"I'd rather ask Simon Minter if we can stay with his mom to be honest."

"Fuck you. Mom jokes, really? Just, uh- Two nights in a tent, you won't die." The small boy clicked a few times and searched for affordable tents on a new tab.

"We don't even have a tent." Will reminded him and pushed himself off of the door frame.

"I'm already on it. There are some cheep ones here."

The festival was two days away and the fastest delivery would've been four days.

They bickered back and forth for an hour at least before George gave up and booked a motel room for them for three nights - If there was one thing they agreed on then it was the fact that Friday was not quite worth it so they didn't have to drive to Leeds in the morning. Or drive back and forth between the two cities -a little less than four hour ride that- without a place to stay.

So that's how we ended up here in our story. Our protagonists made it to Leeds safely on Friday night, slept went out to eat, came back to the tiny motel room, and when it was time left.

The area of the festival was huge. Tents were scattered all around the field; some selling food, most offering beverages.

The main stage was something else to say the least. The boys couldn't imagine how many kilometers could one artist move on such a stage like that. Even if we're talking about a band, it was huge for anyone.

"Tomorrowland was something, but this. This is different." Will sighed wrapping an arm around the other boy's shoulders.

They walked around the place as the sky darkened whilst the sun slowly set. Although a few opening bands had already started their gigs,  the main events were a long time away.