PROLOGUE

Hey there! Roxie here with the official first chapter of Reality's Illusion. I am really anxious about this first chapter. Hopefully it's good, but I honestly don't know. Let's find out shall we?

~Naruto~Naruto~Naruto~Naruto~

It was around the crack of dawn when a quiet giggle pierced the air. If you had been wandering the streets around that time, for whatever reason, you would notice two children sitting alone. One was a girl with filthy white hair and vibrant blue eyes clad in a short, dirty F/C dress with bare feet. The other was a boy with equally matted black tresses dressed in a tattered grey shirt, navy blue shorts and bare feet. The male appeared to be in a deep sleep, his arms resting on the back of his head, unaware of the world around him.

The more feminine of the two laughed softly, a playful grin on her lips as she played around with the male's coal colored locks. From time to time, she would sneak a glance at him, checking for any signs of him awaking from his slumber. When it seemed like he would stay in his dormant state, the girl went on to braid his hair.

Her breath appeared in front of her concentrated face as she involuntary shivered at the chill of the crisp winter air. Just as she was getting ready to make the last piece of the poorly constructed braid, a royal blue eye peered at her through black bangs.

"Eh? Y/N, what're ya doin'?" The male opened up both of his eyes and narrowed them at the female. A look of suspicion crept onto his face as he lazily trailed a hand through his hair, feeling a slight shift in it.

The girl instantly doubled over in laughter as she gazed at the boy. "Y-you sh-should see y-your f-face! Honestly big bro, you l-look really st-stupid!"

She could barely get her words out as she was too busy trying to silence her loud laughter. Her companion did not look amused as he felt around his head, trying to detect the purpose of the shift in his hair.

"Oh ha ha, very funny. Really, what did'ja do?" The boy sat up and crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

Y/N quickly wiped the tears from her sparkly blue orbs before gazing up at her older brother. "N-nothin', Yuu-Yuu. Why do you ask?"

"Ya know, you always were a bad liar,
N/N. Now tell me. What. Did. You. Do?"

The female sighed in defeat before looking her older brother right in the eye. "I didn't do anythin'. Why're you askin' me?!"

Yūto felt his right eye twitch in impatience as he took a breath. "Y/N
Y/M/N Yukimura. If you don't tell me what I wanna know right now, I will call the Tickle Monster."

The girl merely smirked and haughtily said, "You can't fool me, Yūto! The Tickle Monster absolutely positively tutti-fruitily does not exist."

Her smug expression immediately dropped after seeing the knowing grin on the male's pale face. "How can you say he doesn't exist..... When he's RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU?!"

A dreadful expression made its way on to her features as she steadily backed away from him and further into the alley they resided in. "C-C'mon now, Yūto. Let's not be so hasty. C-Can't we t-talk th-this out?"

Yūto chuckled softly and moved his hands out in front of him while wiggling his fingers teasingly. "It's too late now, N/N. You've already unleashed the Tickle Monster. Now you must FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!"

Without warning, the male pounced on his sister and lightly wiggled his fingers onto all of her ticklish spots featuring her stomach, feet, and sides. Y/N howled out in laughter as he proceeded to attack her.