the Wayne charity ball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade silently stalked up behind The Riddler before announcing her presence. "You called?" Her metalic voice seemed to echo off the walls.

"Riddle me this, Nightshade. I can be cut but I'm not a vegetable. I'm found on a baseball field but I'm not grass. I'm found on a ring but I'm not a boxer. I'm in a deck of cards but I'm not a joker. I'm a suit but I'm not an item of clothing. What am I?"

"A diamond. What's your point, Nygma?" Nightshade commands in a bored tone.

"Do you know what this is?" Nightshade rolls her eyes before answering.

"The Napoleon diamond necklace. It's worth $13 million. Yeah, I'm not the stupid infant you think I am."

"This necklace has recently come into the possession into Bruce Wayne, I take it you're familiar with him?"

"No shit Sherlock. How'd you figure out this one?" Nightshade sassed.

"I need you to steal it. I've managed to acquire tickets to the gala. Will you be needing a dress?" 

"No, I've got something in mind..."

Nightshade's p.o.v:

Ashley was planning to wear this costume to comic con, but seeing as in it's basically the only dress she owns, I have no choice. I survey my reflection in the mirror. I had applied blue eye contacts and makeup to hide the smile etched onto my face. I moved several strands of my ginger wig to place on my cuff.

 I moved several strands of my ginger wig to place on my cuff

Glued to the bottom of the snake head was  a small comm. Nygma would be surveying the ball through the security cameras. Perfect. 

--------------------------------------------------------time skip------------------------------------------------------------

My concealed eyes scan the room as I took a sip of my champagne. Holy Hades, this drink is terrible! I've always been more of a strawberry margarita type of girl. 

"Ashley?" I turned to see Jason. Putting on a fake smile I answered with an irish accent.

"I'm sorry, but I think you're mistaking me for someone else. My name is Iris. And yours is?" 

"Sorry, it's just you look like a friend of mine. I'm Jason Todd. It's a pleasure to meet you, my lady." he says before kissing the back of my gloved hand as I let out a fake giggle. Did Ashley ever voice her disliking of gloves? She should've, seeing as in it's the only thing we seem to agree on. 

"Are you sure that she was just a friend? It's been a pleasure, Jason, but I really must be going." Dammit, my Ashley's slipping through. 

"Can't you stay for one dance?"

"Oh, well I suppose. But then I really must be going." And with that, we made our way to the dance floor.

"So tell me, what's Ireland like?"

"It's simply ravishing. The Ring of Kerry is simply amazing this time of year." I reply, my eyes staring into his.

"I'll have to go there then. But I'm sure it's not as beautiful as you." 

"Now you're just being cheesy."

I let out a sigh of relief as I untangle myself from Jason and disappear into the crowd of idjits.

"Took you long enough. Now, in the back of the room, there is a hallway. Go now." My heels echoed as I 'ran' down the stairs. Ah here we go. I took out a perfume bottle, and sprayed all of it into the air. Placing on goggles I started to maneuver through the lasers.  Within seconds I was by the necklace.

"Come to mama!" Placing it around my neck I turned to make my escape, only to see Jason blocking the exit. 

"Move aside, bird boy and no one gets hurt. More specifically, you won't get hurt." 

"I can't do that." 

"Very well." A smoke bomb hit the floor as I let the shadows devore me whole, leading me to an alley not to far away. Two greasy peons approach me.

"Hey lady, where do you think you're goin'?" Slurred one. One stood in front of me while the other circled around, a gun in hand.

"Do you know what I really like about heels?" I start, taking them off. "They make excellent weapons." 

"What the!" Was the blonde man's last words. The only ones he managed before I shoved my skinny heels into his eye sockets, killing him instantly.

Bang!That idiot. I dodged the bullet as I turn, facing the other guy. The bullet ricocheted off the wall, hitting him in the chest. My job here is done.