Chapter 7 - Regrets

Marinette looked at Adrien's extended hand and tried her best to hide her blush as she took it. He wrapped his fingers around hers and squeezed her hand happily before releasing it to let them both get ready for the day. As soon as Marinette exited the bathroom, Adrien felt an involuntary smile of astonishment spread across his face. Standing before him was Marinette, but she looked so beautiful. She wore a blue, knee-length sundress with pink flowers all over it and a brown woven leather belt around her waist. Her hair was tied up in twin space buns with a small strand of hair loose on either side of her face. She let out a breath of relief when she saw his bright smile and gave a little twirl, causing her dress to puff out in a beautiful manner. She let out a small giggle before extending her hand to Adrien. He took it without hesitation and they both went off to go explore Nanterre.

"The Cathedral Sainte Genevieve et Saint Maurice is, apparently, quite beautiful. There are also a few museums in the area that we could go to. Chateau de Malmaison and the Design Museum are both open today." Adrien said as he read off the brochures he had picked up from the hotel's lobby. Marinette's face lit up when he mentioned the Design Museum, which didn't go unnoticed by Adrien. "Do you want the first stop to be the Design-" Before he could finish asking, Marinette nodded eagerly. Adrien laughed and led her down the streets of Nanterre. As they stood out in the rain, Marinette took out a big black umbrella, the handle holding the initials "E.A." on them, standing for Emilee Agreste. Adrien looked at the umbrella with wide eyes.

"You... You kept it? After all this time? You still have it?" Adrien breathed, remembering the day he gave her the umbrella. It was the third day of school and he used it as an olive branch when Marinette had been angry. He smiled as he remembered it closing on her and the laugh they both shared. She looked so cute, standing out in the rain laughing.

"Y-Yeah... Of course, I kept it." Marinette stammered, also remembering that moment. It was the day she forgave Adrien and first realized how sweet he was. That was the day she truly began liking him, and those feelings have only grown since then. She held out the umbrella above them both as they walked down to the museum.

They spent a few hours wandering around the museum, which was filled with information about designers through history and how fashion has evolved over the years. Adrien didn't find any of it quite as interesting as Marinette did, but he enjoyed watching her flit from place to place like a hummingbird and he loved listening to her ramble on about fashion. After they had gotten out of the museum, they decided to go to lunch, as it was already around 2:30 pm.

"I heard that the Fromagerie Micaelli Jean is really good," Marinette mentioned during their debate on where to go.

"I'm not really allowed to eat at bakeries, usually" Adrien replied sadly.

Marinette smiled and he could see that she had mischief in her eyes. "What he doesn't know won't kill him," She reasoned. Before Adrien could protest, she grabbed his wrist and their umbrella and dashed to the bus stop. They sat down on the bench as they waited for about 5 minutes for the bus. They spent those 5 minutes laughing and talking and Adrien took every ounce of strength to resist pulling her close to him and kissing her right there and then. He couldn't get over how beautiful she was and he wished that he could just transform into Chat Noir and share a moment of bliss with her in the rain, but he soon pushed those thoughts out of his head when the bus pulled up. They climbed on and found themselves sitting in two seats in the very back.

Marinette blushed as she found herself squeezed in next to Adrien Agreste, who was harboring a wide grin on his face as he looked at her. Is... Is he staring at me? Marinette wondered to herself. Her eyes stared up at his and their eyes connected. Marinette felt a soft hand wander over to her lap and grab her hand and their fingers intertwined. Marinette found herself incapable of even blushing, she just sat there and stared into his eyes. Did his eyes just... No... There's no way that he looked at my lips? Marinette was screaming inside her own head. She had dreamed of this moment for two years and now she was here. She noticed his eyes begin to flicker closed as he leaned in towards her. She took in a quick breath as she found herself doing the same.