14ϟ

Excuse Mistakes! Enjoy!

Three Days Later

Mackenzie held on to Laron's hand as she heard the monitors constantly beep. She watched as his chest heave up and down, only hoping for the best.

Laron had to get surgery, to remove the bullet and since it struck a nerve he may not be able to have mobility in his right arm. Jeopardizing his basketball career.

"Mackenzie come on" Kavon said coming into the hospital room.

Mackenzie turned around looking at her dad. "I am not leaving him. He took a bullet for me!" She cried out.

Kavon sighed then left the hotel room he did respect the fact that Laron took a bullet for his daughter but then again that could have been her.

Mackenzie focused back on Laron the rubbed his hand. He had been in the hospital for three days. No, he wasn't in a coma he was just simple resting and could wake up any moment now. The moment Laron was going to wake up, she would be there.

After everything that went down that day Mackenzie valued Laron and her friendship even more. Laron taking that bullet for her meant everything, but she also felt bad for getting him into something like this. Look at him now, he was sitting in a hospital bed. Mackenzie wiped the tear that had escaped from her left eye then continued to hold on to Laron's hand.

Once Kavon came to the scene it was surprised his daughter did such thing. He noticed some of his self in her. Which could be both a good and bad thing. Mackenzie did him a favor though. She could some of his workers and even though SG's punk ass ran off somewhere Mackenzie still did alot.

Back home Eva was cooking and Kavon was watching her.

"Mackenzie still at the hospital huh?" Eva asked Kavon.

He nodded "Yeah... I just let her be. Lil nigga took a bullet for her" He replied sitting on one of the stools in the island.

"I actually like Laron... he's a nice boy" Eva spoke to husband. "Hmm maybe" Kavon replied.

"At least we know our baby girl can hold it on her own" Eva said with a light laugh. "Hell yeah, I didn't know she had it in her"

"I mean look who's her daddy, you know it was bound to come out babe"

"Right. In all our children, sadly, even Kadin. Once day when I was going to one of the traps he popped up in the damn backseat I ain't even know he was back 'dere"

Eva turned around from the stove side eyeing "When was this? You know I don't really want them around that babe..." Eva trailed out. "I had 'em babe"

Eva cut the stove off letting the bow tie pasta settle as she went into the oven to get the grilled chicken. Kavon starred at Eva's ass she she bent down. He bit his lip thinking about the things he could do to her right there, right now.

"Dad I thought we was going to the gun range" Kadin came in the kitchen snapping him out of his dirty thoughts.

"H-huh? Yeah.. yeah later"

"Later?! Dadddd it's four!"

"No nigga damn!" Kavon spoke to Kadin. "Eraser head ass" Kavon added and Kadin smacked his lips "Ma watchu' cooking?"

"Chicken Alfredo baby" Eva spoke than began to cut the chicken up. "Tell your brother he got a letter in the mal from the basketball camp"

"Aigt" He replied then went upstairs.

Kavon got up going over to his wife, wrapping his arms around her waist resting his chin on her shoulder. He began placing light kisses on her neck.

"Get the he--, get off my mama bruh!" Kaylin said coming down.

"We can't never get do damn time alone!" Kavon said causing Eva to laugh. "I mean y'all are in the kitchen..." Kadin trailed off going over to Eva. "Excuse me" He walked in between his mother and father going to the refrigerator.

"Really tho?" Kavon said. "I give up" He added laughing. "About a week agoooooooooooo" Kadin said laughing.

"Baby don't take it personal" Eva added. "You right, Imma get in that ass tonight thoo" He replied and Eva coughed.

"Oh hellll naw" Kadin said.

"What the fuck I say about that damn cussing" Kavon gripped and threw a fork at Kadin. "I said ale man. Like ale house!"

"Anyways, baby I think you need to talk to Kenzie about you know what" He said.

"About what I had to do?"

"Yepp" He replied.

She exhaled "I think you right..."

*

Eva's heels clicked and her hair swung as she walked through the halls of the hospital. So much has happened to Mackenzie these last few days. Eva knows what it is like to kill someone she did it for her husband, so she kind of knows what Mackenzie is going through and she's not alone at all.

Eva has only met Laron's parents once, they were nice people. His mother was a pediatrician and his father was in the army. Right now more than likely his dad wasn't in the US. Eva walked in the room and noticed her daughter's head was down.

"Mackenzie baby" Eva said softly coming into the room.

Mackenzie's tear stained eyes looked up to her mother's. "Yes mama?"

"Baby come out in the hall and talk with me" Mackenzie looked back to Laron then said "Sure" Mackenzie got up from the chair then followed her mother. Eva looked around the hospital. She figured this was not the place to talk about the situation. So they went out to the car, to have privacy.

"Baby how about we talk about what happened?"

"What you mean?" Mackenzie replied.

"You taking someone's life..."

"Ma you wouldn't understand... I feel like a murderer, my intentions weren't killing him at all--"

"Wait wait, trust me I know how you feel. I have killed someone too, its a long, long story" She shivered thinking about the situation.

"Well to make a long story short, I killed your dad's friend. Well he was plotting against your daddy the whole time"

"Ma, I just feel bad this dude was out for me the entire time and I brought him in to my life and because of this Laron has been shot and it's because of me"

"Baby don't blame this on yourself, I promise you all this is your father's fault. His damn enemies so if you want to blame someone blame him."

"Why does daddy have enemies, I have heard you guys talk about it but I never asked."

"Let's just say daddy does a couple of illegal things"

"Why am I just now hearing about this?"

"I think your old enough...you seventeen. You killed someone so shit why not" Eva chuckled.

"Ma stop bringing that up" Mackenzie replied, she still felt bad. "Well Im going to say is better for him than you... sometimes you have to protect yourself baby and that's all you was doing" Eva said. "If I didn't kill ole dude back in the day the your dad would have been dead"

"Basically I just wanted to tell you not to be so hard about this on yourself, because it could have been you dead. That's all lets go back up and see how Laron is doing"

Once the two were back in Laron's room his mother was there and Laron was finally awake. Mackenzie ran to his side. "How long you've been up?"

"A nigga just got up" He sounded horrible, like his voice was gone, but Mackenzie was just happy to see those light brown eyes. She has missed them.