A Dark Past

Tired eyes fluttered open and squinted at the moonlight from the large window.

'This isn't my room, my room doesn't look anything like this,' the blonde thought as she surveyed the room,

'He didn't find me, did he?!' she shot up from the comfortable bed and sped to the door.

The brown wooden door silently swung open, and a panicked blonde tumbled as she looked left and right down the hallway. The corridors were empty and lonely.

'Just like my old home, dead and silent,' she seethed in her thoughts.

After taking many left and right turns, she came across a staircase much like the one that was set in her old house. She rushed down the stairs, and the sound of footsteps clouded her ears. She walked faster, thinking that it was him.

"Luce? What are you doing up this early?" she froze at the voice.

She turned to see Natsu at the top of the steps with a glass of water in his right hand and a confused look on his face.

"Natsu," she suddenly lost strength in her legs and broke down crying on the stairs,

"Luce! Are you alright?" he rushed down the stairs, leaving his forgotten glass of water on a nearby table.

She continued to sob on the steps as Natsu dropped next to her and held her in a tight embrace.

'I don't want to go back, I don't want to!' she screamed in her thoughts.

"What's wrong Luce? You can always tell me," he whispered against her ear,

"I don't wanna go back, I don't want to..." she kept muttering as she gripped his t-shirt,

"What are you talking about Luce?" he asked her,

"My last name," she muttered as she quieted down, "That name causes me so much pain," she said as she pulled herself up to look at Natsu with a tearful face,

"Tell me, Lucy," he demanded as he pulled her closer,

"Heartfilia," she began to shudder in his arms, "Natsu, I don't want to go back there. He treats me like a pawn that can be used in any way he pleases, he made my childhood a living hell in that mansion!" she sobbed out,

"Who is he," Natsu seethed out in anger,

"Jude Heartfilia, my father," she managed to say before she passed out in his arms from crying and exhaustion,

Natsu looked down at Lucy in shock and sympathy.

"So you're that bastard's missing daughter, don't worry Luce. I'll make sure he never takes you away," he promised as he carried Lucy to his room in his arms with only the moonlight to luminate his path.

He layed Lucy on his bed and stood there for a few moments to stare at her face, he wiped away some stray tears and tucked her in his crimson red sheets.

He climbed in on the other side of the bed and buried himself in the same sheets while facing Lucy's back. He tiredly shut his eyes and fell asleep with the smell of Lucy's scent under his nose.

'Don't worry Luce, I won't let that bastard take you away from me,'