Chapter 3:

--Reader's POV--

You ran. Ran so fast you couldn't feel the ground beneath your black boots.
You huffed as you entered the shop. A man behind the counter raised an eyebrow at you. His gaze flicked down to the scarf, hugged tightly to your chest like your life depended on it. His yellow eyes, bright yellow, widened in surprise and he ran back into the kitchen.
Collapsing to the floor you panted, knees hurting as well as sore feet.
A man with spiky brown hair and tan skin rushed over to you. He wore a long green coat and small silver earrings, running up and down his earlobe. A yellow scarf was wrapped around his neck and a small piercing adorned his perfect bottom lip and nose. He was gorgeous, with a chiseled chin and broad shoulders. The eyes were the best part. His left eye was sunflower yellow while his right eye was Cheshire Cat purple.
"Who are you? Are you alright?" He questioned, feeling your head.
You relaxed your arms and allowed the striped scarf to pool from your arms.
His eyes widened in surprise and he gripped your shoulders.
"What happened?!"
You finally gathered the energy to talk and breathe properly and spoke.
"Jeff and Liu fought, Jeff left." You paused, trying to recall important information for the man from your memory, "You must be Mark I assume...?"
He nodded quickly.
"We were found by the police, searching for Jeff. They had Jeff's family records and quickly new who Liu was..."
Mark nodded, grabbing you in his arms and carrying you towards a door behind the counter. You yelp in surprise and continued to speak when he sat you down in a chair, pulling a small wooden chair up to sit by you.
"He said if he wasn't back in an hour to tell you to follow the... regular drill...?"
Mark seemed to understand and nodded.
"Thank you for the explanation. Can I get you anything?" He asked in his deep voice, glancing down at you as he stood.
"U-um, water would be great...?" You stuttered and blushed as a small smirk played against his pink lips.
"Of course. I'll bring it right in." He responded and you noticed the small European accent that laced his words.
With that, he excited the room, finally giving you a chance to relax and look around. The walls were gray cement and you assume you were in the basement. It must have been Mark's living quarters because of the yellowing bed sitting in the corner of the room with a multicolored quilt sitting on top of it for covers.
Mark came back moments later, nervously checking his watch and handing you the glass. You noticed he smelt like spices and fruit. You murmured a thanks and put the cool glass to your lips, enjoying the feel of the icy water washing down your throat.
A loud thump sounded from upstairs. Eyes locking with Mark's, he gave a small nod and you both shot up the stairs to the main restaurant. You just now noticed the yellow walls with black and white tiles and panels on the walls, covering up about four feet of the wall. You saw a figure stumbled into the restaurant and slump to the floor with a thud.
"Liu!" You gasped, running over to the barely conscious man. He sat on his knees grabbing your shoulder for balance. He looked exhausted, his vibrant green eyes seemingly dull. You kneeled next to him, examining the small amount of scrapes and cuts on his exposed flesh.
How did you get out without being killed...?
He collapsed into your arms, eyes closed and breathing ragged. That's when you saw the blood covering his right side.
He'd been shot. A lot.
"Mark! He's been shot!" You gasped, calling over the tan man. He knelt next to Liu's side, pulling off his jacket and shirt, leaving him half naked in your arms.
"Lay him down and keep his head elevated." Mark ordered. He laid Liu's body down and you kept his head and shoulders in your lap. A small blush spread across your cheeks as you stared down at the pale faced man sitting in your lap. Mark went to work with pulling out pieces of bullet from his side. He'd been shot three times and there was lots of blood. You scanned your eyes along his toned and scarred chest and smiled slightly, remembering the scarf. You spotted it a few feet away and beckoned for Tony, the yellow eyed man, to bring it over. He dropped it by your feet and you folded it gently into a thick square, lifting Liu's head and placing the stripped scarf where his head had previously rested. You gently laid his head back down and he whimpered quietly in pain. Mark was stitching his wounds shut as best he could, forming another line of black stitches on Liu's body.
That's were he get's his stitches...