Chapter 4:

--Reader's POV--

You blinked a few times to clear your eyes of their sleepy haze. Looking around you saw a familiar cement room. You were curled under a multicolored quilt.

Mark must've put me here yesterday when I fell asleep.

You'd fallen asleep the previous night about an hour after Liu showed up.

Liu... Where is he?

You looked around the empty room, combing your (h/c) hair back and out of your face. Swinging your feet over the side of the bed, you winced as they made contact with the icy cement floor. The wooden door to the room was closed. You shuffled over to the door and opened it quietly upon hearing voices upstairs.

"Morning Liu, coffee?" A deep voice, laced with a Brazilian accent asked.

Mark.

"Sure." You heard an equally as deep, raspy voice answer.

Liu.

Another man chuckled, the deep sound followed by the sound of a cup hitting the counter.

--Liu's POV--

"Thanks." Liu grunted, grabbing the small brown mug and bringing it to his lips.

"So, how do you feel?" Mark questioned, looking at his friend with his multicolored eyes.

Liu's stony gaze over the lip of the cup must've been enough to tell his friend that it hurt like hell to stand right now because Mark shut his mouth quickly and averted his gaze to the counter.

"So who's the girl?" Tony questioned, raising his thick brown eyebrows in a suggestive matter, voice tinged with amusement.

Liu choked on his coffee and set the cup down, raising an eyebrow at his friend.

"What do you mean?" Liu asked, voice slightly clearer now due to the warm liquid he'd been drinking previously.

"Is she like... an acquaintance?" Mark questioned, butting in with a teasing smile, "Or an acquaintance?"

Liu scowled at the two smiling men.

"Neither. She was just dragged into this by Jeff." Liu grumbled, taking another sip of his coffee, "He seems quite fond of her."

"Ah well he's not the only one." Mark chuckled along with Tony who let out a loud, jubilant laugh.

"Ey, she's very beautiful." Tony agreed in his tropical accented voice.

Liu felt a spark in his chest, painful and angry.

Jealousy...? No, not possible.

Liu grumbled in annoyance to the current topic into his coffee, warning the two other men to continue.

"Did you get to talk with Jeff or was it all stabbing?" Mark asked, resting his elbows on the counter and leaning over in a thoughtful manner, staring at the two men on the other side.

"Some talk. Seems he's just a ball of hate and..." Liu uttered the feeling he felt in his chest moments ago slightly quieter, "Jealously..."

"Jealous? Of what?!" Tony exclaimed, shooting off the counter to face his brunette friend.

"Me. He says Margaret liked me more." Liu sighs, rolling his emerald eyes.

"Ey, but she did." Mark sighed.

Liu shot his cold, wide eyes to the other man, mouth hanging open slightly. His face was contorted to a look of shock and disbelief.

"Don't say that..." He growled, voice low and dangerous, full of warning. His eyes flicked to both of the men, daring them to speak again.

Mark shot his hand out, grabbing Liu's jacket collar and brought the taller man down to his own height.

"He's. Gone. Liu. Stop trying to save him! He's not sane!" Mark snapped, fury clear in the way his eyes flashed, "HE'S NOT COMING BACK!"

Mark released Liu's collar and brought his hand to his forehead, rubbing his forehead in a frustrated manner.

Liu gaped at him in shock before grimacing.

"I'm sorry I want my brother back Mark..." Liu snarled, bending to be face to face with a shivering Mark. His voice was hard and cold like ice.

Tony stared at Liu, angry but fearful. He knew how his green eyed friend acted when he was like this.

Mark swallowed, backing up a step from Liu.

"I know how you feel Liu. Even if Tony is my cousin," Mark sighed quietly, "I'd do anything to get him back if he went crazy like Jeff has."

Liu sat back on the stool, staring intently at his cup. The room filled with an awkward silence until Liu heard the quiet patter of feet and looked up to see (y/n) standing in the doorway to the basement.

"Morning girl who's name I still don't know." Tony said with a smile.

"Hello (y/n)." Mark chuckled quietly, glancing over at Liu expectantly, waiting for him to speak.

Liu stared up at Mark before returning his gaze to the cup in front of him, now empty and no longer steaming. Mark snatched the cup from in front of him and set it gently in the dishwasher.

Clearing her throat, (y/n) spoke.

"I'm going to head home if that's alright." She sighed, blinking her beautiful (e/c) eyes, "Thank you for letting me stay here Mark, Tony."

Mark nodded, watching as she made her way to the front door of the shop.

"Bye Liu."

And with that last farewell, she was gone.