Chapter 5:

--Reader's POV--
It's been a week and I still can't get him out of my head...
You stood, hands placed to support your weight against the sink counter in your kitchen. You hung your head down between your arms, your (h/l) (h/c) hair hanging down around your face. Huffing your stretched out your back, lifting your head and throwing it back to lengthen the stretch.
His eyes are so familiar...
You chuckled quietly to yourself.
"Who am I kidding? Maybe this lack of sleep is finally getting to me mentally."
You turned to the door on the wall opposite of you. Walking around the island counter in your kitchen you pushed the swinging door open and shuffled to your couch. Some crappy vampire movie was playing on the tv.
"Uhg." You grabbed your tight black sweater from the arm of your couch and approached the door, grabbing a light green stripped scarf and tossing it around your neck twice.
"I just need some air..." You sighed, grabbing your small, silver house key and locking the door behind you.
You approached your front steps, breathing in as a crisp breath of air tossed your hair back over your shoulders. You blinked a few times to wet your dry and tired eyes and stepped down the concrete steps.
Another strong gust of wind whipped down the empty street, sending the thick bushes into a frenzy. You were fully aware it was the wind moving the bushes but you couldn't help but feel wary of walking near them.
The faint sound of a dog barking cut through the strong wind as you took a few wobbly steps down the ice covered sidewalk in front of your house. Noticing the layer of thick ice that clung to your grass and stone pathway you growled in frustration.
"Stupid sprinkler must've busted again."
Cursing you bent down to pick up a small piece of black plastic from your grass. Scoffing you scooted forward to inspect the small sprinkler spout. Definitely broken. With numb hands you brought the piece of plastic forward and rolled your eyes as it clicked into place on the sprinkler before rolling off as soon as you released your grip on it.
"Yep the sprinkler broke."
The sound of cracking ice behind you caused you to freeze your actions. Slowly turning your head around to look at the sidewalk behind you, you noticed a thick crack in the ice, as if someone had stood on the ice for to long. Looking down to your own feet you noticed both of your boots rested on nothing but icy glass, nowhere near the frozen cement.
"I'm just being paranoid." You mumbled, suddenly reminded of how cold it was as your warm breath fanned out in front of you.
Shaking your head you clambered to your feet, crunching through the grass towards your door.
Your hasty retreat though, caused you to miss the footprints leading through your grass down the sidewalk, that most definitely hadn't been there before.