chapter 1- Know me, Dan Howell

Dans Pov

I was hidden under my covers in my room. Under my covers was the safest place for me. It was cozy, dark, and most of all the safest place in this entire house. Other than the attic. See, I was the only person who knew about the attic. I had my own little world up there! My books ( SORRY I meant manga and a little bit of hentai ~Winks inappropriately~) , my anime, everything I wanted to keep from my fathers grasp.

Have I introduced myself? Oh, Where are my manners ( out the door ). Im Daniel James Howell, introverted, emo, abused child. KIDDING, im a teenager. Everything else was true. I got to Stuyvesant High School, Age 17, and a senior. I have a disorder that is well known, Histrionic personality disorder, better known as Attention-seeking disorder. Im a cancer. (Im pretty sure not true) I own a dog named eviee who gives me loads of attention. I just wish, just wish, I had human attention.

(What would this book be without a scientific fact. Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval. BOOM, thanks google :D)

Thats really all you need to know about me. Moving on to my home/family life. Starting with my brother, Braden (I KNOW ITS NOT HIS BROTHERS NAME. fight me mate). Braden is 13 (also not true), Goes to middle school and is in 8th grade. Hes very creative and has a very open mind. Luckily he ran away and was soon found and taken into a foster home, im sure he has a better family now.

Moving on to my mum. Her names Doris (BAHHAHHA). Shes a bit-JERK,sorry jerk. Shes an alcoholic and drug addicted 35 year old. Shes attempted suicide 10 times and failed. In a cliche world the mother would be to scared to stand up to my bad but here, in my story, things are different. My mother helps my dad, she helps my dad be abusive. JUST MY FUCKING LUCK...Can i swear? Moving on!

Finally my dad. Where do i start? Im not sure. Well for starters hes also an alcoholic and drug addict like my mum. Hes abusive a lot more then my mom actually. He finds it funny to throw my dog against the wall. With each whine brings him more laughs. Once I hid my dog in the closet and cuddled with a dog stuffed animal. Unfortunately after throwing the dog at the wall and hearing no whines he figured it out. 

thats really all you need to know about me and my family. You'll learn more as you continue on through the story. Enjoy the rest of the book!