III

Some time passes. A few fights. A few days.

Each nights, she thinks about the Shepherds from her timeline. Maybe they forgot her too...

Then arrives the fight in Regna Ferox, once again.

"Brrr! Freberiiick! I'm f-f-freebing!" Lissa tries to say.

"Stand by my horse, Milady. She'll shelter you from the cold wind."

Robin takes her in her giant coat.

"Here." she smiles.

"Aww it's so warmmm! Thank you Ro! hehe"

So this is the fortress again...

Wait, Chrom!! Stand back, they're gonna attack you!

Before having the time to tell him, he walked in front of the door, talking with Raimi about the audience with the khans. Like last time, she rejected us, thinking we were brigands.

"Chrom, above!" she shouted at him.

He had the time to move away from the lancers. Sumia helped him again.

*sign* Gosh, he's saved.

~~

After helping the group during the fight, she talked to Chrom once more.

"Chrom? Can I talk to you?" she asked.

"Of course!" he quickly answered.

"In private, I mean" she blushed a bit.

"O-Okay, leads the way." his cheeks as pink as Robin's.

~~

We went through the border to the forest.

I want to... tell him everything.

But...

I just can't, not right now. He won't understand and... what if he rejects me?

I won't handle it.

"So, what was it all about?" he finally asked, after a short yet embarrassing silence.

"Err... You remember what I told you a few days ago... that I come from another timeline..." she says, tears coming slowly in her eyelid.

I can't say it, so I'll say something else.

He nodded.

"Well... in that timeline, I lived the exact same things we're living now. The way I met you, that fight in the village, when we went to Ylisstol, when I met Emm and the Shepherds... Even this fight. I already lived it." she tells him.

At first, he looked... lost? That's kind of understandable, nobody can imagine such a thing.

"So... you're telling me that... you come from the future?" he's puzzled.

Yes. It was her turn to nod.

"I-I see. Well - I guess?" He dunno what to think anymore, you can say that by his look.

Robin looks straight at him, through his gentle cold blue eyes.

She couldn't hold back her tears, and felt in his arms, her head leaning on his torso.

He first looked surprised, but hugged her back in the end.

"You must have lived... terrible things, Robin. I'm sorry." he whispers in her ear.

WE have lived terrible things... but also amazing things.

She closed her eyes. This tight hug was all she wanted at this moment.

"Thank you, Chrom. I'll never be able to thank you enough for the life you gave me."

He did not added anything, staying a bit more like this.

~~

Chrom and all of us had a talk with the Khan Flavia. Mistaking those Plegians as "Ylisseans brigands". She invited us to be warriors in the next Khan tournament.

Wait. Would Lucina be there in this timeline? If she is, does that mean that Chrom and I would be ... together again?

We entered the arena, hundreds of people screaming for the glory of each sides.

She's there!

Robin felt relieved. But at the same time, if everything happens like it happened back then...

It's not all black or white, but she promised to herself to do her best in this world, just like Lucina tried.

"R-b--"

"Rob--"

"Robin! It's not the moment to day dream! We need you to lead us!" Chrom said, a little worry.

"S-Sorry! I was just thinking... Lissa! Go with Frederick on the right side while Sully and Stahl will block the way on the left. Chrom and me will fight in the middle and go for Lucina!"

Oops. I said her name out loud.

"I-I mean Marth. That Masked wo-- man."

Nooo Robin, you're not suspicious at aaall! Great!

Chrom looked once again right in her eyes. It became a habit between those two. He then looked at the others.

"Okay, Shepherds! In position! Give your best!" while turning back to Robin and smiling.

~~

The battle turned out like last time... "Marth" disappeared.

I can't believe Sumia punched Chrom again haha

Lon'qu joined the Shepherds.

If only Lis and Lon'qu knew they were married in my world, instead of shouting at each other haha

Chrom sees Robin laugh in silence behind her coat.

We all went back to Ylisse, with Ferox soldats.

This time, I know how to protect Emm!

We were moving to parley with the mad king Gangrel of Plegia.

Ricken wanted to join.

I always thought how remarkable he was to be that strong at his age, mastering good magic level for a young teenager.

He saved Maribelle! Check!

We fight against Gangrel... Check!

Now let's make the true strategy I've been planning.