Chapter Twenty-Seven

Josies P.O.V

When I walked beside Colby I felt at peace--home if you will, yes, I felt at home next to him even though we were walking down the halls of our worst nightmare come to life.

"When did you realize you loved me?"I asked, breaking the comfortable silence we had fallen into, he chuckled and smirked down at me, slowing his pace a bit "the day I first loved you or the day I realized what love was?"he asked in response.

"The second one."I stated softly.

He thought for a moment, breaking eye contact briefly but returning it just a second later, "the day you were given shocks. I told them to put me on the table instead, I felt like I was being ripped apart watching that happen."he said, his tone getting more sincere as he explained.

"Now the day I started to fall in love was the day we met. That nurse looked scared as hell when I opened my door but you had so much confidence, and your eyes -god damn your eyes- they're like steel"he added, making me smile and look down at the floor.

He laughed to himself and nodded "So what about you?"he asked me.

I took a deep breath and searched my mind for the best answer I could give him and myself for that matter.

"I realized I loved you the first night I slept in your room, I told you that I couldn't be your girlfriend because of everything that was happening..."I said, feeling silly about it now that we have so much history in such a short amount of time.

"I fell in love when you said 'I was sleeping, asshole' to that nurse, I don't know what it was, just something inside me was attracted to you before I even knew you. That's never happened before"

He laughed and bit his lip "physically or emotionally?"he asked, finding it humorous that I didn't specify.

"Well physically, yes, but I was kinda drawn to you, I guess I've always had a thing for the darkness"I clarified, feeling his squeeze my hand gently "you're adorable."he mumbled through his  grin. "You know I'm gonna make you my wife someday, right?"

I nodded in response to his statement "we seem to be destined at this point."I spoke, making him laugh a bit. It was nice having this fun and light energy surround us while we were together, I had to leave in just a few short hours and I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could.

**

When we got back to the nurses ward and passed out lunches, Colby and I were left back at the small table from earlier.

"Can you promise me something?"I asked him, he looked up from the table and nodded, a slightly concerned look on his face, something he always did when said something like 'Can you promise me this?' Or 'can I tell you a secret', it's just what he was trained to do, after almost twenty years of receiving mostly bad news the look starts to grow on you. "Promise me that you won't hurt anyone. That I will come to visit you and won't get the news that you hit someone or murdered them."I told him sternly.

"I promise"he whispered, not breaking the intense stare that came over him, like he was genuinely having to think about the repercussions of promising me this.

We were then interrupted by stacks of papers and files being dropped between us on the table, making a loud Thud that made every nurse in the room stop and stare.

"I'm sure these reports will show the bullshit of that promise, Brock."Mrs. Banks said, I watched as Colby looked down at his lap in shame. I knew that he wasn't proud of his past but this is ridiculous...

"You bitch..."I mumbled, hearing about thirteen gasps throughout the room.

Mrs. Banks stared down at me in shock "we were having a private conversation. You had no right to-"

"You gave up your rights when your drug addict of a mother sent you here. He gave up his rights when he almost killed Serena Clark!"

"I'm her mother, Mrs. Banks. I adopted her days ago and if you plan on speaking to my daughter that way I will definitely have a problem here. I am head nurse. I can and should have had you fired years ago."Ms. Kitching stated, she cut in the middle of us and placed her hand on the back of my neck to keep me planted in my seat. I glanced over at Colby who was staring wide eyed at me..

"I suppose you have some horrid excuse for that Neanderthal?"she asked, testing Ms.kitching to see how far she would go to defend us.

"Colby is a good person who has problems just like the rest of us, his are being handled differently even though i know for a fact he will never hurt another person again."she shouted.

Mrs. Banks grunted in defeat and glared at me like I'm the reason she has a stick up her ass.

"Josie, we should get going. I'm sorry Colby"Janice said, placing her hand on my shoulder to calm me down "I understand, can I have a minute with her before you go?"he asked softly, I was honestly surprised at how low and soothing his voice was considering there was just an opportunity to get angry... I know I did.

Janice nodded and Colby stood up, taking my hand and leading me out into the empty hall, without saying a word we immediately latched onto eachother like it was life or death, his arms were tight around my waist but mine were even tighter around his. I could feel the tears start to form in the corners of my eyes, I couldn't control it.

"No don't cry, you'll make me cry too."Colby mumbled, resting his chin on the top of my head, when we pulled away he gripped my shoulders tightly "don't be sad, please, I'll see you again soon."he said, the expression across his face told me that he was hanging on to his emotional stability by a single thread.

"I'll miss you so much."I whined, grabbing his shirt and pulling myself into his chest, desperately seeking comfort, his hands were gently rubbing my back, I wasn't going to let myself cry, I cried enough for both of us when I was being taken out of here in the first place. "I'll miss you too, Baby."he spoke, the pet name he used made me smile a bit and broke the horrible sadness that had surrounded us.

"I love you" "I love you too, Colby."

He separated me from his shirt and opened up the door of the nurses section, letting his hand slide down to my lower back as he guided me into the room.

"Ready?" Janice asked me as she shoved a couple things into her purse, I nodded in response and grabbed my backpack that I brought with me,  they let you take anything in here when you're with a nurse.

I then reached up to give Colby a kiss, having the grip his shirt for balance, he placed his hands on my waist and met me half way thankfully.

"We'll have a nurse escort Mr. Brock back to his room."one of the older nurses spoke, arguably ruining the moment between Colby and I.

"Thank you, Claire."Janice said to her, she then looked back down at me, it was hard leaving Colby and having to go somewhere else, having to sleep in a bed alone, it was almost torture. I say 'almost' because being in this place is real torture, what they do to people- they treat these human beings like lab rats to see how much pain they can take until they die.

The only thing that motivated me to actually go back home is the fact that I'll get to see Colby next time he visits and I can call him once a day until then...

_________________________________________________

Hello! What did you think? I know this chapter is being published later than I said it would be but shit happens and I couldn't finish it until a day after i said it would be up, haha!

Anyway I would love to hear what you think will happen next??

Love you guys and thank you for your endless support~ D