Kabanata sip kao (chapter 19)

Kabanata sip kao

Author’s note:

This chapter is especially dedicated to Miss Essa – the first person who encouraged me to continue writing this story despite all the nuts (in this ice cream haha). I’m grateful to God that somebody out there believes in me and appreciate my out-of-the-axis appetite in pen.

To Miss essa, your words means a lot. You inspired me to continue despite all the hitches. I deeply appreciate it. Kob khun ka! This chapter is for you. God bless!

Xoxo, rurica. ^_^

________________________________________________________________________

Let us all welcome our first judge for this evening, former Miss MUS 2003, the ever gorgeous beauty-goddess, Miss Candice Viem Lao Madrigal!

Wearing elegant black long gown, the stunning lady, with my boyfriend as her escort (take note: MY BOYFRIEND), went up the stage. Hindi man lang umangal si Gilan. Grrrrr… Nakatulala lang ako… She walked with glamour and poise impressing the crowd with her sophisticated guises. She effortlessly captivated the audience while I was just at the backstage standing like a dazed dumbbell wearing plain shirt and jeans. Sana pala nag-dress man lang ako. Tsss… I’m comfortable with my looks and clothes but looking at her makes me unease. Bakit ganun sya kaganda? Para syang diosang bumaba sa lupa… at bagay sila?

Is she the girl Gilan is dating?

They looked good together…

She’s unbelievably gorgeous!

The real queen is back.

The prince and the real princess!

I was stunned. Sino ba kasi sya? Kaanu-ano ba sya ni Gilan? Bakit Landot ang tawag nya kay Gilan? Why did she hug and kiss my boyfriend? I don’t understand why I’m feeling this way. Kainis naman eh!

Sis, how is Gilan related to Miss Candice?

Is she his ex-girlfriend?

I don’t know… I really don’t know.

Gilan and I did not have the chance to talk after the pageant. I was too busy arranging the after-mess while he was wedged with “that lady.” Hump. I went home with my brother totally messed up and feeling dumped. I hate feeling this way. I’ve never been this insecure of myself in my whole life! Only this time... And it sucks.   

What makes it even worst is that, he didn’t even bother to introduce me as his girl nor explain to me why he needs to be with her that night. No call… no SMS…

February 25, 2006 (Saturday)

9:15am; Las Vegas

Still upset, I’m slumbering on my bed hugging Mr. Coconut. Kainis naman… Sino ba kasi yun!

Mahal na prinsesa! Andito na si Gilan…I’m still not ready to face him. That jerk! Ni hindi nya ko pinakilala don sa girl na yun. Tapos sumama pa sya agad-agad at kinalimutang may girlfriend na sya… Kainis! I pretended to be asleep. Bahala sya sa life nya!

After minutes, I heard the door of my room opened.

Uy… prinsesa… bangon na dyan! Iniintay ka na ni Gilan…

Eyes closed, I mumbled. Inaantok pa ko… sabihin mo na lang tulog ako… na may sakit ako… tell him I’m dead… kahit na ano…