Olivia Moore- Soup (a)

iZombie One Shot

The counters of the kitchen were almost undistinguishable underneath the copious amounts of flour and vegetable cuttings, trays of homemade bread lay on oven racks on the side and little bowls of spices sat next to them, their scents wafting and waving through the fresh afternoon air.

"Then you just throw in some spinach leaves, give it a bit of a stir and there you go, a delicious meal in less than half an hour!" Liv spooned a hefty amount of the soup and poured it into a bowl. "I should really bring out a cookbook!" Ever since eating the brain of a murdered celebrity chef, Liv had become such an amazing chef, her usual meals paled in comparison to the wonders that she was now creating, it was just a shame it was only temporary.

"We have been over this Liv, you can't bring out a cookbook when all of the recipes contain brains, I just don't know how well it would sell and plus, people aren't all that open to eating brains yet." From the drawer she picked up a large knife and sliced the crisp and crusty bread into perfectly cut slices.

"I think that people could warm up to it and besides, zombies would buy it, you would buy it?" She gracefully carried the two bowls of soup a plate of sliced bread onto the table.

"Come on, sit down and try it, I want to know what you think!" Before you had even sat down she had started spooning the soup into her mouth with a loving look on her face.

"Sure I would buy it, and sure, maybe other zombies would buy it, but I think you may have forgotten the teensy tiny little fact that the people and the zombies don't really get along too well. You could always make the recipes without brain? Maybe substitute it for chicken or beef? Something a little less... human." She looked disgusted at the idea as she dunked a thick slice of bread into her soup and then threw it in her mouth.

"Swapping the brains out of these dishes is like swapping the flour out of bread, it is a completely different dish." Just because she could now cook like a Michelin star chef did not mean that she ate like one as soup dribbled down the side of her chin, only to be mopped up by her finger.

~*~

Written by Aaron.