Yorkie- Forever Together: Part 1 (c)

Black Mirror One shot

Sitting on your windowsill, you let the light of the moon and stars light your book as you read into the late hours. Unlike most twenty-one-year olds, you enjoyed spending your Saturday nights with a good book, letting the evening breeze come through your window and watch the stars shine in the sky. You had never been one for parties, not enjoying spending time with lots of people, rather spending time alone or with the people you cared for.

As you read your newest book, you lost yourself to the words on the page, until a loud bang forced you to take in what was outside. The bang was the front door of your neighbour's house as it was slammed close. Out of the door walked Yorkie, her ginger hair illuminated by the stars. Yorkie never went out this late, but the sobbing that you could hear from her gave you concern.

Having become rather adept in your teenage years, you decided to take the window exit. It was a bit of a messy decent, but you reached the ground as Yorkie got into her car. You rushed to the bonnet, slapping your hands down on it, to get her attention. Her eyes shot up at you, bloodshot and tearstained behind her glasses. Now that you knew she was paying attention to you, you went to the driver's side, opening the door.

"What's wrong Yorkie?" You asked.

You had met Yorkie in primary school, growing up together and falling in love. It wasn't a common nor accepted thing for women to love each other but even with a secret relationship, you were happy together. You had ended up telling your parents and although it took them time to come around on the idea, they were accepting. Yorkie on the other hand hadn't. Her parents were devout Christians and wouldn't want to hear that their daughter was a lesbian.

"I told them," she sobbed. "I told them about me."

You let out a sigh of despair as you opened your arms for her. Yorkie leaned in, wrapping her arms around your middle as you held onto her, to protect her from the dangers of the world. You kissed the top of her head as you assured her it was going to be okay.

"They hate me. They don't want me to be their daughter," she cried into your pyjama shirt.

"Hey, look at me," you smiled weakly, raising her head.

She did as she was told, still crying, keeping eye contact but unable to mirror your smile.

"It's going to be okay," you whispered. "I know it hurts and it's going to, but it is going to be okay. They don't matter, if they want to give up someone as amazing as you, that is their loss. But you will be okay Love, you are going to be okay. We are going to be okay."

Yorkie nodded her head through her tears.

"Do you want to go for a drive?" You asked.

She nodded her head again.

"Shift over, you're in no state to drive. We'll drive around for a bit, and then you can come back to mine. My parents won't mind," you smiled softly.

Yorkiedid as she was told, handing you the car keys as she slid over to the passenger'sseat, so that you could get into the drivers one.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumbrl Request.