Volcano

An important thing in life is being able to do the right thing. They teach us how our whole life, cramming it down our throats. Making us fear that anything else is wrong.

But some of us push the limits and go the other road. And we're judged and made to feel bad for making a different choice.

How do we know what is right or wrong?

Why do we believe that what is good is good? Are we brainwashed?

We know what we know because of habit. Like a cult. But we don't think of it that way because yet again that wouldn't be normal.

I know anything that I am going to believe may be wrong. I might not get it right. I have no way of knowing.

You take life by the horns and hang on. And you hope you won't be torn apart and ripped to shreds. There is no point in hoping because everything falls into place anyways.

It seems the only job we have is to sit back and act accordingly when it happens.

Maybe I knew this all along.

Evan has baggage. And I don't know how he will react when I tell him that I know about it.

The lock turns on the door. And I hear footsteps.

"Anybody home?" he says.

"I'm in the living room," I tell him.

"Sitting all alone in the dark," he says kissing me on the forehead before he takes the spot next to my bowl of popcorn.

I smile at him, snapping on the light.

"Everything go alright while I was gone?"

I run my hand across his stubble. He's hot when he hasn't shaved in a while—hotter than usual.

"Yes." I shake my head.

"Ok, so what about the areas outside the parameters?"

I move into his lap, stroking the back of his neck. I don't know how to come out and say it.

"Are you going to answer me?"

I stop messing with his hair and bite my lip.

"I know what happened to Kenny if that's what you're worried about."

I nod. "That's good."

"Ari called and let me know," he says.

I bite my thumbnail.

"What is wrong with you?" he asks.

"I want to tell you something. But I don't know how to say it." I stand up and pace back and forth.

"What the hell?" Evan sighs.

"I found your brother last night." I run a hand through my hair. "I helped him get home. He was a mess."

"Alright, so," he shrugs.

"So there are a few things I think we need to talk about." I swallow. "I'm a little worried."

"What are you worried about?" He crosses his arms.

I take a seat next to him.

"I'm never going to know if you don't say something."

"Kenny told me what Carlo did." I hold my breath, waiting for him to say anything.

"What did he do?" He's taking it well so far.