One, Two, Uniflu.

"Lark, just take the pill."

"I don't want to!"

"I'm serious! Take it, or I will shove it down your throat!" I growled, marching over to my lover and friend angrily and holding out my hand, waving the packet of uniflu up and down.

"I won't and you can't make me!" he cried, stamping his foot, a scowl forming on his face.

"Lark, you are sick. And when you are sick, you take medicine, to make yourself better," I explained with very fake calm, my patience beginning to wane like the crescent moon. "So, take the damn medicine!" I shouted, frustration running hotter than the blood it was mingling with in my veins.

Gah, why was he being like this?! It was just one damn tablet. All he had to do was swallow.

Heh. Swallow.

"I'm not sick! I'm fine! Just leave me alone!" His voice began to crack, growing huskier with each word, the fever flushing his cheeks to an even darker shade than before. Well, he certainly was hot. No arguing with that.

My throat made a furious, primal sound as I slammed the pills onto his bedside table. The last time he’d been this stubborn was when he refused to come swimming with me - or even come anywhere near me - because he didn’t want me to see the tiny tattoo he’d gotten on his hip. It was a bird with E. C. on it. My initials.

Ever since then, I’d known he wanted to be more than just friends who sleep together every once and a while.

It’s also how I knew that he was keeping something from me. Again.

"Alright," I huffed, now seriously annoyed. "I think I'll do just that." Without another word, I exited his room, without bothering to close the door, making as much noise as it's possible for a scrawny teenage boy to make (which is, a lot) on my way out of his house.

If he didn't want my help, fine. He could just stay sick. Since he wouldn't tell me what was wrong with him or accept any form of help, I guess he didn't want me around.

Stupid friends. They think they're so great. When there's something wrong with you, they never stop sticking their nose in your business. Always trying to fix things, then ending up breaking them into more pieces than they were made out of in the first place.

But when you wanted to help? Oh, no. You weren't allowed. Even when they also happened to be your f*ck-buddy.

Because they were stupid.

I'd been walking for five minutes by the time the first wave of resentment started to recede. Before long, it was at low-tide.

Lark was so sweet and innocent. Aside from all the guys he used to sleep with, but he was young back then. I hated hurting his feelings more than anything else.

Alright, it was only a few years ago, but for a teenager, that makes a big difference.

He took forever to get over the smallest comment. He was probably crying right now, thinking that I was never going to forgive him and blah, blah, blah. I usually had to protect him from harsh insults and the like at school.

He’s such a girl.

Groaning in annoyance (fine. It was more of a whine), I let my feet helplessly retrace the all-too-familiar path back to the boy they spent most of their time going toward.

I'm ashamed to say that I may have started muttering as I walked.

"Stupid Lark. Thinks he's so amazing... Well, he's not... He's an idiot..."

"Erst? Is that you? Erstwhile?"

I sighed at the sound of semi-boyfriend's voice as I strolled back in his front door. Damn, I was weak.