Chapter One

Tobias' POV

I look through the glass at my once energetic and bright friend, Tris lies pale on the table connected to numerous machines. Her hospital gown covers her wounds, but I refuse to believe she is dead. I enter her plain hospital room in the Burea. I reach for her hand and long for the feeling of her in my arms. I look at her pale face. I begin to sob I put my hand on her head brushing me fingers through her short blonde hair. I wish I could see her grey blue eyes and hear her warm laugh. I know that I have to believe she will wake up. Caleb knocks on the door and I am startled. I look at him his eyes puffy from crying his tear stained face looks sad and full of guilt.

Caleb's POV

I knock on the door to my sister's hospital room. Four kneels next to her bed, tears run down his face. I say, " I'm sorry. I can tell you loved her. She... she wanted me to tell you that she didn't want to leave you." He looks at me his eyes piercing through me. I cry, " I should have gone in. She had something to live for. I now have nothing. Please forgive me."

Tris's POV

Caleb's voice rings in my hears and a sad sob breaks my heart, Tobias, I did this to him. All he wanted was to start a family. I will my self to move my strength dies inside me. I can't feel my left leg and my right arm stings. I will myself to make a noise anything I have to stop Tobias from hurting his sobs strengthen me because I know I have to live. I have to. I whisper his name. "Tobias," I whimper I'm not loud enough. I breath in ands out and force his name out of my mouth. "Tobias," I say louder this time. His cries stops and he looks at me. I force my eyes open. Slowly, the light blinds me but I see him. His strong figure shadows over me. He starts to cry again. Happy tears now roll down his cheek. I turn to the other side of my bed to see my brother. "Caleb," I say. Caleb smiles and his eyes fill with tears.

Christina's POV

I walk from my dorm, I get dauntless cake for Tobias knowing that he hasn't eaten anything for the past two days. I will force him to eat the cake. I walk towards the hospital to give Tobias the food. I am on my way down the hall when I walk straight into Caleb. He grabs my shoulders and steers me toward Tris' room. Caleb announces on the way that he has a surprise. I think to myself the only surprise that could stop my sorrow were if Tris had woken up. He opens the door while covering my eyes and I here someone say my name. I pry Caleb's hand of my face and drop my mouth open when I see who it is. "TRIS!!!" I scream. I feels hand cover my mouth, Caleb's. I jump up and down flailing my arms. I am so happy. I run up and hug her but see her cringe when my fingers reach her around her right shoulder. I pull away remembering that's one of the places she was shot.