Chapter 9: Ice Cream With Kierra

So after talking to Kevin for pretty much a whole school year, I never told anybody I was. Not even Kierra. I guess I was so caught up that I was talking to Kevin Alston that I didn't even tell anyone. She texted me so I thought this was the perfect time to tell her.

Kierra🤞🏾💖: Hey best frannn
Me: Heyyy
Kierra🤞🏾💖: How's it going
Me: It's alright but I have to tell u sum...
Kierra🤞🏾💖: Ok lol what
Me: I'm going to prom
Kierra🤞🏾💖: Well that's great! But I thought you didn't want to go at your school, what changed ur mind?

I hesitated to type my response.

Me: Okay Ik ur gonna be mad at me for not telling you, but me and Kevin have been talking for pretty much this whole school year, and he came in town to come with me
Kierra🤞🏾💖: WHAT?! Kevin who?
Me: Alston...
Kierra🤞🏾💖:OMG ALEX I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?
Me: I'm sorry, I just I got so caught up in the moment that I didn't tell anyone
Kierra🤞🏾💖: A whole school year tho?
Me: I'm sorry 🤦🏾‍♀️
Kierra🤞🏾💖: Meet me at Alexa Park
Me: Y? R u gonna kill me?
Kierra🤞🏾💖: Ofc not 😂
Me: Alrightyyy
Alexa Park was an outdoor walk around mall that everyone in my area went to.
I told my parents I was leaving and drove there. They didn't really mind since I'm old enough to go out by myself and it was a Saturday.
I met her at the benches in front of the movie theater there. Kierra was a mixed/light skin girl who was thicker than most girls our age, she had glasses, and her shoulder length brown hair was usually pulled up in a bun, which it was at the moment.

"Hey girl," she greeted me.
"You don't sound too mad," I responded sitting beside her on the bench.
"Oh trust me, I am."
I laughed, "I said I was sorry."
"Well," she rolled her eyes, "I guess I forgive you."
"Alright."
"Let's go get ice cream and tell me all about it," she insisted.
We both walked to the ice cream shop next by the movie theater. She got a small cup of cotton candy ice cream and I got the same size of french vanilla. We sat down at a table.
"So how did this happen?" She asked.
"Well, the day after the concert, I went to Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee before I studied. I tripped and spilled the coffee everywhere and next thing I knew, Kevin helped me clean it up, bought me another coffee, and asked for my number."
"That's great! But also a weird coincidence. Anyways," she said look down at beer ice cream to get another spoonful, "does he know about your fan page or you being a big fan?" she asked eating her ice cream.
I looked to the side and cringed, "Well, no. Not at all."
Her jaw dropped, "Alex!"
"I know, I know.When he talked to me at Dunkin Donuts, he asked me have a ever heard of him and the boys and I told him I never have."
"Why would you do that?"
"Because he wouldn't be interested if he knew I was a crazy obsessed fan," I answered looking down at my ice cream.
"You don't know that."
"I'm pretty sure I do."
"Well I guess I'm going to prom at your school then," she told me.
"What? Why?"
"Because I want to see you and Kev together, and I wanna see Daniel," she said smiling.
I laughed, "Of course that's the reason."