Chapter 18: Reminiscing

Kevin's POV:
Me and the boys were still in Atlanta for a couple days after our show. I thought it would be a great time to bring my girlfriend, Isabel, to Lenox Mall. Everybody knows Lenox is the place to be when you're in Atlanta.
But ever since I saw Alex at the restaurant a couple days ago, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was asking myself so many questions:
Does she still think about me?
Has she found someone else?
Does she still have the necklace?
But I had to snap out of it. If she did find someone else, then that's great. She deserves someone who treats her better then the way I did. But I can't believe I was stupid enough to do that to her. I guess I let the "being a teenage singer girls love" thing get to my head. I just at least wanted to talk to her again and be friends.
Isabel was shopping at a clothing store, and she said she would meet me at the food court. So many girls were coming up to me asking for pictures and autographs. It reminded me of what Alex told me on my last real night with her, how she used to be a really big fan. That definitely took me by surprise. But I knew that she was familiar when I met her at Dunkin Donuts.
Isabel finally came down to the food court with Victoria's Secret and Pink bags. Her and I went to get Sushi and sat down at a table to eat.
"So how long were you and that Alex girl together?"
"Huh?"
"The girl you introduced me to at the restaurant? You know, the one you said you were together with before?"
"Oh, right. Uh, not too long," I told her eating one of my sushi rolls, "About a year."
"Oh," she responded, "why did y'all break up?"
I was wondering why she was asking these questions. I didn't want to tell her why we broke up either, because I think she would leave me too knowing I cheated.
"Um, I don't know. We just decided to remain as friends because the long distance thing wasn't working."
"Oh. Well, how did you guys meet?"
I sighed and looked at her frustrated, "Babe, why are you asking so many questions?"
"Well Sorry, I don't know. Do you ever miss her?"
I honestly did miss Alex. She was such a great friend and girlfriend. But I had to focus on Isabel. Me and her had been together for six months. There was nothing wrong with her, she just didn't make me feel the way that Alex did. Part of me felt guilty because Isabel was kind of my rebound. But we weren't dating too long, so maybe I would snap out of that mindset sooner or later.
"No, baby," I said putting her hand into mine, "Me and her are over. And we always will be. I have you now, and that's all that matters."
"Well, okay," she said shrugging and putting her chopsticks back into her food.
When I was finished eating, I walked over to the trash can to throw my food away while Isabel was still eating. Before I walked away after throwing it in, I saw something familiar on the ground in front of the trash. I picked it up to make out what it was.
It was a necklace. The necklace.
"Kevin," it said.
So many things were going through my head. I hadn't seen it in so long.
This necklace brought back so many memories. When I gave it to Alex before I left, when she gave it back to me when I broke her heart, and when I gave it back to her that night in the rain.
That girl really meant the world to me. I would never drive 14 hours for anyone. I did for her, though. Even though I didn't accomplish anything that night, it was still worth seeing her for the last time.
If the necklace was here, that means Alex was here. But I tried to snap out of it. Like I said before, she probably found someone else that makes her happy, and I was trying my best to with Isabel.
I put the necklace in my jacket pocket, and walked back over to our table.

Isabel wanted to grab some food to-go before we left, so she told me she would meet me in the car. When I got in, I turned on the R&B radio station right away. I loved R&B and Hip-Hop, and I knew Atlanta always had the best stations for those genres. I turned the radio up as I heard a familiar beginning to a song start. I turned it up louder as the lyrics began:
Silhouettes of a perfect frame
Shadows of your smile will always remain
Beginners love, soon fades away
We go on, I will always...
It was "My First Love" by Avant Ft. Keke Wyatt.
This song brought back memories of when Alex wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my chest. I remember singing the next line into her ear:
Long as I live, you will be my first love
Every couple should have their own song, and this was ours.
I pulled the necklace out of my jacket pocket and looked at it as I continued to listen to the song:
Oh, baby
You and only you
Long as I live, you will be my first love
And I'll choose you again
Looking at the necklace and listening to this song was two memories from our relationship in one. All that was left was Alex.
It made me think about how she was, and always would be, my first love.
I never imagined falling in love with a fan being so easy. I didn't know how or when I was going to do it, but I had to end it with Isabel, and win my first love back.