《•05-Snake Mother》

Chapter 5- Snake Mother.

I walked along the road with Akashi, heading towards Rakuzan on a dull morning. The weather was completely off, it's cloudy and cold. Reo materialized beside us, saluting Akashi on one knee. We stopped our movements.

"Sei-chan," Reo spoke. "Celestial need you. It's an emergency."

Akashi glanced at me then back to Reo. "Send Kotarou to guard her." He ordered.

"My Lord." Reo nodded and disappeared.

Akashi turned to me. "Stay close with Kotarou. Don't let your guard down. I'm going." He said then disappeared. I pouted and Kotarou appeared in front of me. He reached for my lips and pulled them.

"If you keep doing that, your face will wrinkle by tomorrow." Kotarou said.

He let me go. "Who told you that? It's totally ridiculous." I said.

He chuckled. "Let's go."

I followed him.

* * * *

"So the half equation for Lithium, do you still remember?" the Chemistry teacher, Ikiya Sensei asked.

The class responded with a weak 'yes'. Obviously, no one were paying attention. Including me.

Pay attention, Seiryuu. Akashi's voice rang into my head.

I gasped and flinched. Ikiya Sensei turned to me. "Anything wrong, Akami-san?" he asked. I quickly shook my head and excused myself to the toilet. There were a bunch of girls fixing their make-ups and I pretended to talk to someone over the phone by placing my phone on my ear.

Don't get shocked, it's me. I can communicate with you telepathically.... oh but you can't. he continued.

Another heart attack.

Seiryuu, you have to get used to this.

"How do I talk to you back?" I asked.

I can hear you even like this.

"Oh.... that's great."

We all can do it. Well, except for humans.

"So unfair!"

Everything is.

"..Mm, what's the matter over there? You doesn't sound so busy."

There was an attack from demons at the southern gate. We're clearing it now.

"YOU'RE CLEARING IT NOW!? LIKE SERIOUSLY YOU'RE TALKING TELEPATHICALLY WHILE BATTLING!?" I shrieked.

No need to be so shocked, Seiryuu. If I weren't able to do this, how else can I receive and give orders to attack, defense and stuffs?

"You're right.... But hey! How did you know I wasn't paying attention?!"

I know everything.

"Give something more acceptable than your quote."

I heard him chuckled. You're easy to see.

"Humph!"

Suddenly I was aware of the surroundings. Everything were completely quiet. I looked around. The girls that were laughing just now had gone. The lights flickered and water ran out from all sink faucets provided there. I backed away, putting up a defensive stance.

Seiryuu, what's wrong?

"I thought you know everything."

Demon from toilet room three from your left.