Chapter Nineteen

Jake.

The car came to a stop just as I let out a soft sight. Xander glanced at me from the rear view mirror, his expression almost impassive but I caught a hint of worry. "You can wait here." I ordered him before stepping out of the car. He merely nodded. The cool night air hit me instantly as I was exposed. I should have brought a damn jacket but well, it was too late to regret it now.

I walked down the walkway, my shoes making noises which seemed loud at the quiet cemetery. I finally reached the tombstone I was here for. A sad smile crossed my face as I lay the bouquet of red roses down before it. "I got you your favorite flowers, mum." I whispered before kneeling down before it. I stared at my mother's name for a few long moments before I spoke once more.

"It's been awhile. I am sorry I've not been visiting." I apologized softly. "It's been hard.. well, it never has been easy since Dad and you left. You see, I've fallen down many times and made many mistakes, mum." A tear threatened to escape my eyes but I blinked it back. "But I came to tell you here today, it's all better now. In fact, it has started to be perfect the past three months." I smiled gently as I sat down on the ground, deciding I was going to have a chat with my mother.

"I met a girl, mum. She's beautiful, kind, funny and a little stubborn but I love her. I know you would love her too. It took me awhile to realize it because I never thought I deserved love but Haven, that's her name, she.. she makes me feel things I have never felt before. She's amazing, honestly. Not like any girl I've met." I thought of Haven's beautiful smiling face.

"She is like a miracle to me and I would have brought her here today to meet you but, she's carrying my baby and she has been feeling tired lately, mum. That's right, you're going to be a grandma."

I could imagine if my mother was alive, she would be a great grandmother. The tears I had been holding back rolled down slowly. "You would have been an awesome grandma. I am sure my kid would love you too. We are going to find out the gender next week and I wish you were here to watch my kid grow up with us. But I promise you, I'm going to make sure he or she grows up well and knows how awesome his grandparents were, especially you mum. I.." I choked on my words for a second.

"I owe you an apology, mum. I used to be ashamed of you, your past and what you did. But I realized, it wasn't easy doing what you did. I'm glad you met Dad because he made it all better for you, didn't he? Just like how Haven does for me. I'm really sorry, mum.. I should have been there for you more when he left us.. I should have help you got back on your feet."

I sat there in silence as the words slowly failed me as sobs took over. After several minutes, I finally wiped the tears away with the back of my hand. "I really miss you mum and it is too late to regret anything now but things are going to change. I am going to change. I've been through hell and back but with Haven by my side now, I am sure everything is going to be alright. You will watch over us and our baby will you?"

A light wind blew across and I stood up. I stared at my mother's grave. "I will be back again, I promise. And I won't be alone next time. I will be bringing my wife with me."

Haven.

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of the door opening. I yawned and stretched, glancing at the clock by our bed. It was almost one in the morning and Jake was just getting home now? I frowned slightly as I watched him enter our bedroom, my eyes adjusting to the dark. As though he knew I was awake and had my eyes on him, he turned to face me. He switched the lamp on before he pulled off his tee shirt and tossed it on the floor. His jeans followed soon after and he was only left with his boxer briefs.

I was momentarily distracted by the sight of his beautiful chiseled body and all the muscles. Jake had been working out more since he quit smoking, channeling his energy to healthier means. I was not complaining though for he looked more yummier than ever. I even caught sight of the large bulge in his boxer briefs and the outline of his barbell. Damn, and he was not even aroused yet. I sighed inwardly at how gorgeous my man was. That was until I caught sight of his face and saw his eyes were red. Had he been crying? Jake rarely cries unless..