Chapter 6- Only me.

"Ah, Aya~San. You're entering the same audition as me?" Ai smiled sweetly, looking at me with her pale rose pink eyes before she mumbled something bitterly under her breath. "That just guarantees Aya's loss, doesn't it?" Suddenly Cai broke into the conversation merrily, smiling as she giggled with utter joy.

"I'm joining to! It sounds fun! This performance is gonna be great, I'm gonna win!" Cai chanted like a child, standing up and pointing at us both.  I merely smiled but honestly I was really, really scared. The last time I stood on that stage I had crumbled to the ground, everything had shattered- I felt...so...so pathetic. Since then I had practiced, I'd tried to find who I really was. Cai had inspired me in that way, she inspired me to add a small pop element to my usual Gothic style. I wanted to come off as a Gothic doll, it just suited me and I felt like it was unique enough to stand out but not stray from who I really was. This time I wouldn't put up any walls, I would just try to be me- no matter how hard that was. In someway I prayed that annoying Evia would be there, because I wanted to prove to her how I was just going to be me.

The day arrived, it was the audition that I had been practicing for. All those days with my Pokémon, planning routines. All that dance practice, all the running. And I was with Ai and Cai, the two people in Origin Academy who were my friends and we were going to both support each other and try to beat eachother.

"Eyy! Chilisprout is here!" Called a familiar voice who looked up at me with a smirk, her eyes smug as she looked up at me. It was Evia and next to her, looking up at me and smiling was Hotaru. I flushed a bright red at her small smile, somehow it warmed me. Evia approached me, her stride relaxed as she walked. She got extremely close to me, so close I could feel her soft breaths on my cheek. She grabbed my hand and pulled me closer so her lips were close to my ear. I grew an even brighter red as she whispered to me, obviously playing with me.

"Wanting to charm Hotaru, Eh Chilisprout?"  I growled and pushed her away, God she could be so frustrating. Did she just relish playing with me?

"Don't you dare call me that." I sighed sharply in return before walking back to Cai and Ai. They were giggling to each other about something but I couldn't squeeze out of them what they were giggling about.

The first round started, and the first trio were called onto stage.

"Evia, Cai, Catherine! You're up!" Cai stood up, followed by her Wooper she was dressed happily in a pop coord. Evia followed her, looking me in a eye for a split second before standing up followed by her Honedge and finally a girl with silver hair and a friendly yet determined face followed by a Mimikyu. I eagerly watched the screen, anxious to see who would part. A part of me really, really wanted Cai to win- although a small part of me was cheering for Evia. They were on stage, lifted by platforms and the theme for the first round was announced. It was accessory making. Cai smiled and sprung right into action, she started stitching wool together using a needle of Ice Wooper had created. Catherine and her Mimikyu were choosing material, Mimikyu was using psychic to lift the material up and Invision it on Catherine. Evia was cutting material with Honedge and Honedge was using fury cutter to cut things quickly and accurately. Everything was going well until I noticed something about Cai, she was frozen on the spot with a confused and scared expression on her face. What was going on? I tried to get a closer look but the camera was too far away. Cai wasn't doing anything, god I was concerned and I wondered what was going on. I turned around and to my surprise, Ai was just as concerned as I was. If I hadn't stopped her she probably would've ran onto that stage and helped Cai herself. Cai put her hands on her head and began shaking violently. That's when I realised that Cai's hat had been bleached, I didn't know how, I didn't know when. But it was colourless and wouldn't fit Cai's overall appearance. That's when I heard a voice from the audience, it seemed so familiar but I couldn't place my finger on where I'd heard it before. Then it struck me, it was Hiro! Hiro and possibly Miyu was watching this!