Chapter 4

Volume 1: Why School?

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
- Eddie Cantor -

Key
"Hey" - Author Speaking
'Thanks' - Thoughts
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading," - Electronic Communication
" Everyone!" - Normal Speech

~ Back to the Story ~

"Russel Thrush, Cardin Winchester, Dove Bronzewing, Sky Lark." Said Professor Ozpin as the screen behind him showed their faces. "The four of you collected the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as team CRDL (Cardinal). Lead by..." He added a slight pause for dramatic effect. "Cardin Winchester."

So everyone cheered softly as the next group came to the stage. "Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Pyrrha Nikos, Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the gold rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as team JNPR (Juniper)." He said once again as the four students stood before him and some people clapped. "Lead by Jaune Arc."

"Huh... lead by?"

"Congratulations young man." Replied Opzpin quite quickly before Pyrrha playfully punched his arm but knocked him to the floor instead and the crowd started to laugh among their cheers.

"And finally, Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the gold knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as team RWBY (Ruby). Lead by Ruby Rose." He said once again as Weiss turned her head to Ruby who was as surprised as she was.

"I'm so proud of you!" Yang shouted as she hugged her sister in front of everyone.

"Sorry, but we have one more student. Izuku Midoriya, you retrieved the gold queen piece and single-handedly defeated two juvenile dragon Grimm. So from this day forward, you will work as the support team for any mission."

"Thanks, Oz," Izuku said to which Ozpin nodded and ended the ceremony.

~ Time Skip ~
~ The Next Day ~

Every team got their own dorm room, but Izuku got his own room at the end of the hall. But as usual, he got up extremely early at 5 in the morning and got ready before he unpacked his luggage. First was a duffle bag with all of his weapons and prototypes, which he emptied out on an extra desk in his dorm, while his actual suitcase held clothes which he put away neatly.

So after sorting everything out, he got in his school uniform before leaving his dorm room only to hear a whistle down the hall and a loud thud but he ignored it so he could make some breakfast for himself.

Back to team RWBY's dorm, Weiss was on the floor after Ruby blew a whistle in her face. "Good morning team RWBY!" Ruby shouted happily as she seemed prepared for school already.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Weiss asked although she didn't get an answer.

"Now that you're awake we can officially begin our first order of business."

"Excuse me?"

"Decorating!" Yang shouted as Blake walked into the dorm with a half-finished plate of food that she got from Izuku down the hall.

"What?"

"We still have to unpack," Blake said with a suitcase in her hand, but all its contents fell out. "And clean."

Again, Ruby blew her whistle as someone across the hall fell onto the floor. "Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission. Banzai!" Ruby said as Yang and Blake joined in on the cheer of Banzai. Well, before tilting their heads as Weiss was on the floor sighing.