Chapter 9

World View
The Bandit Camp

"If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
- Dale Carnegie -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic Speech
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Author Speaking

~ Life is cruel, don't act like it's fair ~

At the end of the last chapter, Izuku fainted from overusing his aura and some exhaustion but of course, someone found him when they were on their patrol. This person checked Izuku's pulse from his wrist before dragging him by the hand to a small camp where they threw him into a cage after taking his weapon and scroll away, along with tying his hands behind his back.

Eventually, he started to wake up and could barely stop himself from freaking out as he saw the cage he was in. But he soon realized that his hands were tied up and Wayward Serenity was gone but for some reason, they didn't take off his nanotech watch and bracelet. So he patiently waited as multiple people that Weiss would call ruffians passed by the cage he was in.

After about an hour of waiting, someone finally came up to him, now two women stood in front of his cage. The shorter of the two had tanned skin, brown hair, and icy blue eyes while she wore a brown vest over a torn white shirt with a collar that seemed to spike up behind her neck. She also wore marron pants rolled up to her thighs with dark brown knee guards going down to her brown boots. But in her hand were two crescent-shaped blades with a ring as their handle along with a gun within it.

The woman beside her was slightly taller with long black hair in a spiky fashion, red eyes, and a pale complexion. She wore a shallow cut red and black dress, five necklaces with an assortment of beads, a red girdle-belt, and a pair of matching gauntlets ending with fingerless gloves. Along with black leggings and black boots that had red soles and heels, but she wore a white mask resembling a Grimm to hide her facial features. And the first to talk was the tanned girl while both of them looked towards a table of Izuku's stuff, but also how does he keep getting kidnapped!?

"Well crafted weaponry; a sniper and a greatsword although a bit on the heavy side, both of them seem incredibly lethal towards both Grimm and humans. But his scroll says he's from Beacon and we just destroyed the tracking chip in it." She reported as she handed the pale woman Wayward Serenity.

"Hmm... this was hand-made... he could be useful... " The woman said as she swung the blade a few times before the blade part flew out and nearly sliced someone's head off. "Interesting features... get him into my tent... " She said as her voice was muffled due to her mask.

So the woman went to the biggest tent while the tan girl unlocked Izuku's cage and pushed him into the same tent, keeping his hands tied behind his back. But once the girl left the two of them alone, Izuku was on a couch while the woman sat across from him on a chair.

'Focus.' He thought as his mind was filled with information. 'Raven Branwen, twin sister of Qrow Branwen and ex-lover of Taiyang Xiao Long. Currently, the leader of the Branwen Tribe and has the Spring Maiden within her possession yet her identity is unknown. Wields an odachi or greatsword with multiple dust blades that can connect to her single handle.'

"Do you know why you were captured?" Raven asked with her legs and arms crossed.

"Passed out in the middle of the forest, while I was on my way to Beacon." He answered simply as he looked her dead in the eyes. "Anything past that is beyond me."

"Has Ozpin told you?" She asked vaguely as if he would understand immediately.

"About the silver-eyed warriors, the 4 maidens, or Salem?" He responded with a question as Pina started to cut him free.