~You and I~

Warning: Abuse + Thoughts...

*James P. O. V.*

My home was filled with horrific memories. Physically pained ones, emotionally pained ones and lastly mentally pained ones. It hurts to think about it. Especially when I talk about it.

That's when I decided I would never talk again.

It's a new rule, no, it's a new law. I cannot speak if I wanted to anyway. I'm too afraid and fear absolutely everything. Nothing can save me and nobody can. I'm just weak.

I stared at the ceiling while lying on the cold floor. Why because my father doesn't have enough money to get me a bed.

I was engulfed in my own thoughts. But was snapped back into reality when I heard yelling from downstairs.

"Nelly Madison get over here!"

James knew it was his father calling his sister Nelly downstairs. James also knows that it would not end well. So he went downstairs too.

"Dad what do you-"
Nelly got interrupted by a beer bottle merely missing her.

I was shocked and quickly ran to Nelly. Nelly was younger then me so I must protect her with everything I have. My sister let out a scream and shortly after a sob.

I quickly picked her up and put her into my room.

"It's okay."
I signed.

Nelly understood sign language because she took the time to learn it, because of me.

"I'll be right back."
I left the room and went downstairs. Already embracing the pain I was about to feel.

"James? Where's Nelly!"
I didn't answer.

"Answer me!!"
I looked away.

I felt a bottle hit my arm it shattered into a million of pieces. I opened my eyes instantly. Blood was everywhere. I felt my eyes water but I kept my cool, somehow.

Then my father came up to me and threw punch, after punch, after punch. When I was on the ground he kicked me multiple times leaving scrapes and bruises.

After he eventually passed out. I went upstairs and went to Nelly

"Big brother? Are you okay?!"
I nodded.

I grabbed my school bag and grabbed Nelly's clothes.

"What are you doing? Where are you taking me?"
Nelly asked me.

I looked at her and smiled. Even though there were tears stains on my cheek, and blood pouring down my forehead.

"Somewhere safe."

Nelly looked at me with concern and guilt. I ignored it and continued packing her clothes.
Once I finished I picked up Nelly princess style and ran out of my house.

I ran to a daycare and the woman who was taking care of the children looked at me with concern.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?"
The girl with the brown hair and red dress asked me.

I wrote down on a piece of paper.

Yes I am fine I got into a fight with someone. But it's okay now can you take care of my sister until I come back.

The girl nodded.

"My name is Maria and I'm glad to take care of her. Don't pay, and come back when you want her back okay?"
Maria explained.