chapter forty eight

"Its summer again and Lip comes home from college today!" I sing song when I come into Calebs apartment. "Summers great if you dont have to work" He smiles and hands me Sophia. I take the baby and set her on my hip. "Say see you later daddy" I say and make her wave. He waves and then walks out. "And then there were two" I tell Sophia. "Let's get you dressed and then we can go hang out at the Gallagher house" I tell her and we go to her room and I lay her on her changing table and change her into a pink tanktop onesie with some little white shorts. I put a bow in what little hair she has and we head over to the house. When I get there nobodys home. I put Sophia in Liams old swing and she falls asleep quickly.

Debbie comes home and grabs her old baby doll and takes it outside to stab it in the face. Liam comes rolling up in an electric wheel chair. "Where'd you get that?" I ask and he smiles at me. I roll my eyes as he tries to use some wood to make a ramp to get in the house. When Sophia starts crying I grab her and we sit outside with the other two. "When did we have that?" I hear a voice ask. "Ah Lip!" I jump up and run towards him with Sophia on my hip. He kisses me quickly and then takes Sophia from me. "Hey Soph" He says holding her up. She giggles as he holds her over his head. "Is she going to dinner with us tonight?" He asks and I shake my head. "We're dropping him off at Calebs parents house before we leave" I smile at him. "I'll be home before its time to leave, I promise but right now I gotta go see about a job deal I had. Make sure its still gonna work out" He tells me and I nod. I kiss him quickly and had him my keys.

A little while later we get to the diner and Fiona seats us. We're sitting eating and Frank decided to come or some reason. "To Lip finishing his first year of college" Fiona smiles and we all raise our glasses. "Who's ready for pie?" Fiona asks us. "I wanna taste cherry pie" Carl says creepily. "Why is he like that?" I ask laughing. "Got anymore of the Salisbury steak?" Frank asks her. "Yeah if I pay for it" Fiona says putting er hands on her hips. "Get it and we'll call it even" He tells her and Lip butts in. "Call what even?" He asks Frank. "Her trying to kill my son with cocaine" Frank responds. "Why would you even say that? Why are you even here?" Lip asks him, getting louder. I put my hand on his thigh and he grabs it and holds it tightly. "Just dont. I'll get it for him" Fiona says rolling her eyes and walking off. "I dont want any pie" Debbie sighs. "Whats wrong with you?" Lip asks. "First your stabbing dolls in the face and now your all mopey" I say. "Holly and Ellie dont talk to me anymore. It's like I'm invisible" she sighs. Fiona and her work friend start talking about their friend problems at her age and then Debbie looks at me. "What about you?" She asks. "I didn't have friends" I tell her and she looks at me strangely. "How come?" Fiona asks and I shrug. "I was in the same school as Lip and he didn't even know who I was until you brought me home from the diner. I'm average and easy to skip over" I shrug.

Later that night Lip and I are laying in bed when Debbie runs in our room and tells us that we're having a Gallagher style pool party. "Oh hell yeah" I say sitting up and grabbing my bikini. I pull it on and Lip and I rush outside. We watch as others play chicken and then it's our turn. I get on lips shoulders and we push around with Fiona and her friend from the diner, the owner guy. They're apparently really good friends but I call bullshit on the wholenjust friends part. After I push Fiona off I cheer and get down from lips shoulders. "We're winners baby!" Lip smiles and kisses me passionately.