Time Apart (Falcon/Sam Wilson)

So I wrote this at like 3 AM and haven't edited it and I didn't have many ideas but I was in the mood to write this so I'm sorry that it isn't my best work and it's a bit short lol. I kinda don't like this story, I want it to be better but I don't know what to do so oof. My next Falcon fic will be better, I promise, because I love Falcon and he's so underrated and too many people in this fandom DO NOT APPRECIATE ANTHONY MACKIE. if you are one of them then i am sad ;-;. Anyway. Enjoy and sorry for my little rant. Thanks for reading <3

Alexis Clark had always been a top S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. She obeyed orders, always did great work and had graduated top of her class at the Academy. 

She never would have thought that she had actually been a top HYDRA agent. 

It broke her heart when half of the people she worked with aimed a gun at her, as if she were the enemy. 

People she foolishly once thought were her friends.

Not everyone had betrayed her, though. And in the end, the true S.H.I.E.L.D. won. But S.H.I.E.L.D. didn't officially exist anymore. So Alexis was left without a job, and in desperate need of one.

A few days later, Alexis Clark, ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and experienced fighter with near perfect aim, was working at McDonald's.

It turned out that dealing with annoying customers wasn't one of her many skills, so she got herself fired from that job. 

Once again jobless and refusing to accept help from Tony Stark until she absolutely needed it, she spent her days going to museums and using  whatever money she had left to feed, clothe, bathe and shelter herself. Always fascinated with history, she tried to get herself a job at some of the museums she went to regularly, but her efforts were in vain. Eventually, she took that job from Tony Stark, and used her skills to work alongside Maria Hill in a job she liked to call "the Avengers' receptionist", even though she didn't technically work for the Avengers, she worked for Stark Industries. 

Now that she was pretty sure she had her life back in order, she spent her free time going out to to Central Park, jogging and sometimes just choosing a nice spot to sit down and think about her time at S.H.I.E.L.D. Then her job required her to be sent to Washington, D.C., and she was very excited about going. 

On the plane ride there, she went over what she was supposed to do. Simply watch over a shipment of items that Tony was donating to the Smithsonian. It was the perfect job for her, considering she loved museums and Tony knew she was a total dork about this stuff. He even let her stay a couple days to enjoy everything about Washington, but not too long. 

"Okay, let's see...every morning, small jog, come back and change...then make sure everything arrives and is set up..blah, blah, blah..." Alexis sat down on the bed of the hotel room she was renting, looking over her schedule for the next day and the following week she had off to enjoy herself. Once satisfied, she attempted to sleep, and got about 8 hours in, which was double the amount of time she usually slept. Her day started and she followed her schedule of getting up early to jog around Washington, going back to the room and changing, going out to meet the shipment at the airport and making sure everything ran smoothly, spending the rest of the day at the museum, eating dinner at some random food place, then going back to the hotel and watching TV until she passed out. It was a pretty uneventful day. 

The next day was almost the same, except she went to a different museum, had dinner at a different place, and watched a different channel that night. 

The day after that was a bit more...exciting. 

While doing her morning jog, someone had actually attempted to rob her. She didn't have much on her, but the attacker didn't seem to care. He had two knives in his hand, a black hoodie on and a scarf around his mouth. It took all her willpower not to laugh.