08 - That's the Idea, Ochaco

I struggle to open my eyes, squinting at my turned on lamp next to my bedside. I rub my eyes and slowly sit up, trying to feel any injuries on my body. The only things I feel are bandages wrapped around my legs, from the knees down.

From what I've been told, after the USJ attack, Katsuki carried me on his back to get me in the ambulance. I got transported to the nurse's office, and Recovery Girl healed my wounds on my legs. At the end of the day, Izuku carried me back home. My parents mentioned that Izuku kept checking on me the entire time I was out. Knowing him, he might think it was his fault that I ended up like this.

In actuality, it's my fault for not getting proper footwear. I thought my wolf legs would be enough to carry on during the attack, but I guess I need to train harder. Regardless, I'll just have to fill out another form to get footwear added to my costume-- maybe boots.

I was about to turn my lamp off until I see a note addressed to me. I grab the note and turn it around to read it.

"Kaoru Sasaki,

I hope you're feeling much better today. Make sure you eat as much as you can to regain your strength. You did well protecting your friends yesterday. I'm sure they appreciate you for it. You'll be sore for a little while, so take it easy. However, heed my advice: get some type of footwear in your hero costume!

Hopefully we'll meet properly next time,

Chiyo Shuzenji aka Recovery Girl"

I chuckle nervously at Recovery Girl's advice and place the note back down on my nightstand. I turn my body around so my feet can touch the floor. Before I got a chance to stand up, I see Izuku walk into my room.

"K-K-Kaoru!! You're awake!" Izuku cries. He rushes over to tackle me in a hug, my face being pressed against his chest. "I was worried about you!"

"I-Izuku..." I stutter in shock. I sigh and wrap my hands around his torso, patting his back. "Sorry I made you worry." I feel my right shoulder sleeve being soaked with Izuku's tears. "You're getting my sleeve wet, dummy." He immediately pulls away from me.

"S-Sorry!" Izuku bows multiple times. I quickly hit his head with my fist to make him halt his movements. He rubs his head before looking at me again. "Oh yeah, your parents are out of town for a little bit for work."

I shrug a little. "It can't be helped, I guess."

Izuku nods. "Either way, you need to eat. Mom's making pork cutlet bowls!"

"Ooo~! That's my favorite dish she makes!" I quickly stand up, but instantly regret it as I begin to topple over. Izuku catches my fall.

"Careful! You're still not healed yet!" Izuku kneels in front of me as I place my hand on his back. "Here, get on my back!"

"Actually..." I tap his shoulder, making him look up at me. "Can you help me walk instead? For school, I'll take you up on your offer."

He smiles at me. "Sure!"

-

"Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start!" I hear Tenya announce to everyone the next day. "Stop talking and take your seats!"

"We're already in our seats," I mumble. I rub my eyes as I lift my head from my desk. "You're the only one who's not..." Tenya grumbles to himself and rushes to his desk. The classroom door opens, revealing Mr. Aizawa, who's entire face and arms are completely bandaged.

"Morning," Mr. Aizawa mumbles. My eyes widen at his appearance.

"Mr. Aizawa, you're back too soon!" we all shout at him. Mr. Aizawa proceeds to walk towards his front desk.