SCENE TWO

The scene is set in the office. It should look garish and under construction. MARIA is onstage talking on the phone.

MARIA
No, no, no! You don't understand. I simply can't use carpeting. I don't care about the ventilation costs. It's so ugly.

(KEITH AND JAIME ENTER THE SCENE FROM STAGE LEFT WITH A VERY LARGE MIRROR.)

Of course, that's not our top priority, but think of the rug burn risk!

(KEITH AND JAIME HAVE NOTICED HER AND ARE TRYING TO SNEAK PAST HER WITH THE MIRROR.)

Exactly! Worker safety is so important. (PAUSE) Uh huh. (PAUSE) Remember, I expect the best!

(SHE HANGS UP AND TURNS AROUND, SEEING KEITH AND JAIME, WHO HAVE ONLY MADE IT ABOUT HALFWAY ACROSS THE STAGE.)

Oh! I just talked to the supplier about the hardwood flooring you suggested. It's a go! (PAUSE) Why do you have a mirror?

KEITH
It's uh... for dancing.

(JAIME GLARES AT KEITH QUICKLY.)

MARIA
Dancing? This is an HR review agency.

KEITH
Exactly! And thusly, you need the high most advanced worker commodities around!

JAIME (PICKING UP ON THE IDEA)
Of course! And a dance studio to relieve stress is just the thing your customers will expect from you!

MARIA
Are you sure? I haven't seen anyone tweeting about it.

KEITH
Trust me. We've done this development countless times before.

MARIA
Countless? Oh dear. I'm so behind "the hype," as they say

JAIME
Don't worry, ma'am. We've got you covered.

MARIA
Thank you. I'll be sure to yelp you five stars.

(MARIA EXITS STAGE RIGHT.)

KEITH
Nobody says that, do they?

JAIME
Nobody says thusly like that, either, Keith! And really? A dance studio?

KEITH
Cry me a table. It worked didn't it? Let's just get this mirror in place so no one can sneak up on us while we're messing up the safe.

JAIME
And you're sure no one ca hear us?

KEITH
Relax. It's just like that uptight chick said. The only camera around here is hers.

(HE GESTURES STAGE RIGHT TOWARDS WHERE MARIA EXITED.)